yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

build thread (3.0 4runner tray back off roader)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• build thread (3.0 4runner tray back off roader)

ok so herers the plans, cars going in thursday night for a full service, oil changes etc, when i bought the car it was silver, the wings was rusting away, 4 bald tyres, bubbling on the bonnet and roof and missing laquer, but the engine was sound and the interior tidy enough

as i bought it

after adding a few bits and with the left over money

so things were going well then this happened

so the jeep became my everyday car, after parking it in town a few weks later 2 windows was smashed and the car was scratched to fook so in a moment of madness it was painted matt black lol for the mad max off road effect.

iv saved up some money now and im planning on blowing it all on the jeep so plans are

10 inch wide steels with 33" tyres (13" wide) havnt decided on tyrs but have been pointed in the rite direction by silverline

winch

2" body life (although have the 1/2" ones as shown above)

thursday the car goes in for the tray back, being cut behind the rear doors once the tray is fitted and chequer plated the tray wil then have the half roll cage welded to it and taken up to the roof, then trailor lights will be fitted to the cage as will waffle borads and high lift jack, the try and cage will be copied off 2 difrent defender 90's, one being the devon x 90 and the other was found on the net

new exhaust, will come up through tray

cb radio

my custom pain job will be removed (havnt planned what to do from this point)

2 new brake calipers, pads all round and discs

defender roof rack will be cut down and fabricated to fit the new roof size

hoping monday to spray cage gloss black and roof rack

bush wires wil be fitted at some point but not priority

roof bar and spot lights was fitted last night

pictures will start as of thursday night and should be intresting, its not the first car iv done (the mi16 205) but is the 1swt jeep, so feel free to now give advice and help before thursday lol

would like advice on what to do when the shell and panels are back to bare metal?

tray is being copid from this design but slightly shorter

cage will be copied from this design, well these are the pictures i have given to the company lol

Comment

But where ya going to put the shopping?

Big plans ther mate, look forward to seeing the finished product,
      BTW wot happened to the car! did you crash or was it nicked and they crashed?
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

my mate thought he was collin mcrea lol all that was left to do was weld in the cage, flock the dash and fit the racing seats, it was a bumped up 1.6 when i got it, then into 180bhp mi16 powered track weopon for 2 months

Comment

love tray backs look forward to this .good luck mate

Comment

well i trust the blokes doing it, one thing i dont trust are my paint jobs hahahaha so any ideas, i dont want to spunk money on a propper spray job as its going to get scratched, so im trying to find somone to do it but not doit properly lol if that makes sense, for cheap

Comment

Where's Albannach??

Andy, he's calling it a Jeep already!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Where's Albannach??

Andy, he's calling it a Jeep already!!
                Think he's trying to fix his truck!!

Comment

1. Stop calling it a Heep

2. I run 11.5'' wide tyres on my Landcruiser - I find them better than the 12.5's I used to run on my Surf (both 33'' diameter)

3. I'd avoid a 2'' body lift - problems can (but not always) start at that height. I've fitted 1.5'' several times and had no issues.

4. Go for a cammo paint job - they look great and hide scratches well.

5. A 2'' suspension lift will do you fine

6. Stop calling it a heep!
                  Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

its been done comma now for a larf, although it looks pretty good to be honest, just need touching up

Comment

Useful link

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                        ello jc i see you have your pedantic head on again.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Thats useful for me
                          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                            ello jc i see you have your pedantic head on again.
                            Bl00dy right I have. I'ts like having sharpened sticks prodded in the eyeballs, seeing the spelling and grammar on here.

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                              Thats useful for me

Comment

Working...
                              X