• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
    Whats a parafin p1sser?
    Keep up Viv....
    I Take it ya just read Andy's long winded "too much info post"

Hi n welcome !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya won't know when !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Mudsurfer, you must be right at home with the cut, copy and paste buttons.

As said already, take a look, test drive it and then take another look to see if any leaks have appeared ect while out.
      Neal

Comment

[QUOTE=Shalershasker;579507]Mudsurfer, you must be right at home with the cut, copy and paste buttons.
        he has been saving it up for this just to confuse them in one go is it a bet
        I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

class
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Hilux_Surf

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
            Mudsurfer, you must be right at home with the cut, copy and paste buttons.
            Well, I remember seeing it on Barry's website a while back when looking for something else, and it's a question I've answered about a dozen times, and I didn't feel like starting another 'use the search button' war, so thought I'd waver between helpful and information overload on the basis that if you can't be bothered to search for something yourself, then be prepared for more information than you need
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

More info is always better than not enough.
              Neal

Comment

Whats a parafin p1sser?
                Must admit, I wondered about that one myself, and even after somebody said diesel, I still cant see it.

Bogus
                Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                  Must admit, I wondered about that one myself, and even after somebody said diesel, I still cant see it.

Bogus
                  Me too! cant see the connection with parafin unless they used to start up old diesel engines with it, i know these things run on just about anything,
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I remember a tractor which had a petrol/paraffin engine. It started on petrol then changed over to paraffin when warmed up.

Bogus
                    Сви можемо

Comment

afternoon fella's, been to see the truck, and she looks a beaut, got more info on it now too.

its a maroon coloured motor, with what i think is a large'ish lift kit on it. the cabin floor is very high up, and you have to go upwards to get in it. the vehicle was imported in 2004, and never mot'd, and had stood ever since. however, this has done nothing to the truck. absolutely rock solid chassis and not a bubble of rust, no tyre degradation or corrosion on the alloys. the vehicle is displaying 43 000 on the clock, i take it this is km's, and has the gayist pinkish, reddy coloured aluminium steering wheel i have ever seen
                      there are no badges on the truck to indicate trim specification, but it looks fairly basic to me.
                      a wash and brush up and it will be a fine looking machine. the work on the replacement head is being done tomorrow/thursday, and will be mot'd and on the road for saturday.
                      as i have nothing to compare it against, i cannot comment on the trim standard.
                      oh, sorry, its on a 'J' plate i believe.

also forgot to add that it has the 'blind spot' mirror on the n/s wing.

thank you to all who have contributed so far.

mick.
                      Last edited by wetdog; 22 September 2009, 19:17.

Comment

I remember a tractor which had a petrol/paraffin engine. It started on petrol then changed over to paraffin when warmed up.
                        Quite a few of the older ones used that method, didn't they? One chap I know has a David Brown, (restored), that runs on petrol/paraffin.

Comment

A pink steering wheel?

It doesn't have the 'bloodbath' interior does it?

Check the gap between the chassis rails and body through the rear wheel arch. If it's bigger than ~1/2" or so, its had a body lift.

If it's sat for 5 years, I'd be amazed if the tyres aren't fooked, and I'd be changing them ASAP I think.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Mick- not sure if anyone's said this, but the model designations don't mean much, certainly by the time the truck gets to the UK, as the domestic market trend was to spec the hell out of it from the factory, so what would start as a basic car, would have all kinds of extras on it by the time it rolled off the line - but usually its a bit like this:

SSR
                            SSR-V
                            SSR-X
                            SSR-G

SSR - basic spec, going up to top with lots of goodies, sometimes cruise control, Recaro seats, electric sunfoof, mirrors, windows etc. but most are not the regular spec as per the list as they've been modified a lot.

You are likely to find that Surfs have more goodies than 4Runners - the 4Runner is the official UK version, manual and less treats than the Surf - most of those are auto, although some are still manuals, most have electric sunfoof & windows, but look around and get the best you can for your cash!
                            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                              Quite a few of the older ones used that method, didn't they? One chap I know has a David Brown, (restored), that runs on petrol/paraffin.
                              an aston martin that runs on paraffin...fantastic!!

mick.

Comment

Bogus
                                Another use of parafin parrot, ie airplane, so parafin ####er should be petrol motor, if its a diesal? no idea.
                                www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Working...
                                X