Does Scottish air improve MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Scottish air improve MPG

This one goes out to all those lucky people that live north of the border.
    On my yearly escape to Scotland I noticed that my MPG hit an all time high of 22 (I nomally get 20). This was in the Tayside area which is mostly high hills (we southerners would call them mountains but the locals call the bumps) where the autobox spent most of it's time in second reving like mad, (one desent was enougth to produce brake fade).
    Now back in Southampton it's back to 20MPG, and that is even on long smooth runs (overdrive of course).
    So is there something in the Scottish air, or is my beast telling me I'd be better off living uup north?
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

You should find that as the air gets colder you may improve some of the get up and go! Just like having a intercooler fitted it will make the air denser.
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
      You should find that as the air gets colder you may improve some of the get up and go! Just like having a intercooler fitted it will make the air denser.
      unless you're up high when performance is enhanced by the lower pressure... just like the ram air system on the um... (some american car).... (you know the one with the big air scoop pointing at the windscreen)
      also if filling up with LPG it's cheaper to fill up in the hills as the lower pressure lets the gas expand but the level goes down when you're back on level...

(um i think!)
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I have noticed that my southern sinuses actually start working properly when oop norf must be the cleaner air!
        Were off to Ullapool, way up west highlands for 2 weeks in July! Yippee!
        ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Woodie
          I have noticed that my southern sinuses actually start working properly when oop norf must be the cleaner air!
          Were off to Ullapool, way up west highlands for 2 weeks in July! Yippee!
          Nice part of the country,Ullapool,great seafood too.