reel to reel tape machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reel to reel tape machines

can some one please tell me they cost so much i have been looking for one for some time found some old very very old tapes of trina when she was a kid(god hope she never sees this post) there is also tape of her brother that died when he was about 3 and a few years before trina was borne and trina has never heard them we will get them put on cd but want to listen to them first but the machines seem so expensive i must be missing something people obviously like them ?
    Last edited by steve s; 17 September 2009, 21:02.

not really they just hold their money as not many left might be cheaper to go to a studio and get them to play it or just take the plunge and have it put on cd
    I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

You could always buy a Fake to Fake one?
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

must be on the correct yer spellin site again, thought this was hilux site. H

Comment

Steve i think my dad may still have one.I'll find out for you if you want.
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

How wide is the tape ? I'm pretty sure I still have my dads old reel to reel machine.

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
              must be on the correct yer spellin site again, thought this was hilux site. H
              Nah, you're in the right place. Who corrected someone's spelling, I missed it?

Comment

Good job the ginger jessie Mattf not on
                real to real indeed
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

I used to do tape to tape or DVD conversions years ago, was a cash cow.

Comment

This one's cheap. so far.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/reel-to-reel-t...d=p3286.c0.m14
                    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Mine's an Ekco. Still works, pots are a bit scratchy and the rewind / forward is not working but plays tapes fine. Just been listening to my older brother and sister from approx '73....

Tape looks about 1/4"

Rob.
                      Attached Files

Comment

thanks richard .wishbone it looks to be the same as super 8 film about 8mm on 6 ins spools

Comment

I doubt your tape would work on this one then. Good luck with finding something.

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                            I doubt your tape would work on this one then. Good luck with finding something.
                            It should be the same thing. Can't remember there ever being more than one size, (other than spool diamaters), with the reel to reel setups, (exempting those little micro sized jobbies)?

If you're needing a unit, I have one here, (unless the wife has skipped it without saying ), which you're welcome to have if someone happens to be passing through who can transport it to you. It's years ago since I last tried it, but it was working fine last time I did. (It is missing one of the internal speakers though).
                            Last edited by MattF; 18 September 2009, 01:02.

Comment

ok mate thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X