No announcement yet.

done my lift today! woo hoo...but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

33's on 10" rims will be no trouble, mine are 8" and ok, think the Boyo or Pops had 33's on 7" rims with no problems,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Soneome pinched my post......

Looks good matey - loads better

Oh - found it now - you have 2 threads......
      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

so what did it cost and can you come and do mine

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Are you sure about the LSV? It will go back on but unless you've spaced it up off the axle, it will be well out of adjustment. At least it will be out of adjustment with the brakes biased towards the front wheels rather than the back.

EDIT: sorry about the shit pic editing. im new to MS Paint hehe
          Last edited by goodcat; 17 September 2009, 19:59.

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
            so what did it cost and can you come and do mine
            it cost £152.09 delivered from milners

and yes i can but only if you have the tools for it! i.e 1 trolly jack, (prefferably 2) a couple of jack stands, decent socket set and rachett and preferably an air socket rachett gun thingy majig

Comment

mmmmmmm

Comment

also how stiff is the rear meant to be with LC springs and shocks? its so stiff that it feels like its bunny hopping over speed bumps!

Comment

So does mine! their really stiff, some think too stiff but dont bother me to much, think if i had to "commute" in it it would drive me nuts tho, thats why i did'nt refit the ARB, absolutly no difference without it,

Comment

It's too stiff with no load with LC springs - load it up with 300lbs and its OK.

Been saying that for ages but no-one listens.
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post

EDIT: sorry about the shit pic editing. im new to MS Paint hehe
                      Yes, thats the LSV.

Cos the panhard rod is 3" lower (or so) than it was, the angle of the LSV auto adjuster has changed.

Comment

It's too stiff with no load with LC springs - load it up with 300lbs and its OK.

I listened, just ignore your advice seriously tho stiffness is'nt an issue with me (well as far as springs go) i carry the wifes mob scooter in the back most of the time so that helps a bit, certainly not sorry i fitted em, only prob is as i still have'nt fitted +3-4" shocks on the back i get the "bang" comeing off speed bumps, thats a bit annoying,

Comment

Some of us did and got Lovely Boyos standard LC springs which are appropriately bouncy. Free of charge too

Having said that once you have recovery equipment, box of general tools and cr@p, couple of bottles of veg and all the random detrititus I seem fated to acquire in any vehicle I ever own, 300lbs of load is no problem

Comment

Yes, thats the LSV.

Cos the panhard rod is 3" lower (or so) than it was, the angle of the LSV auto adjuster has changed.
                            i made a "lift" bracket for the LSV on mine, so the whole thing was pretty much the same level as it was

Comment

Not saying their hopeless, just that in an empty truck, they're - erm - uncomfortable, to be charitable.

Having been loaded to the max when in France, they worked great! However, just running around now, they're a bit pitchy. Feels kind of like an unloaded Mitsy pickup I used to drive.
                              Last edited by Apache; 18 September 2009, 15:04.

Comment

oh ok. just checking mine wasnt broken! lol

another thing () the panhard rod on my other surf which has had a 2" body and a 2" suspension lift, its panhard rod is a LOT more horizontal than my one and isnt sticking out to one side at all. that surf also has the original panhard rod left on too.

Comment

Working...
                                X