yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hopefully not such a dumb question but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hopefully not such a dumb question but.....

as i have manual hubs on my surf, when i press the 4wd button on the gear stick, am i in 4wd? (i drive around with them locked/in the 4x2 posistion) or will it only engage if i manually unlock them on the hub in the 4x4 posistion?

im sure that im not in 4wd but i cant help but feel that i have loads more grip whenever i press the 4wed button! lol
    maybe my manual hubs are knackered?

Locking the hubs means the axle works as usual so yes, putting the truck into 4wd will mean you're in 4wd.

Once you've done the lift you should drive with the hubs unlocked until you need 4wd to minimise the wear on the ball joints.

Comment

hello Paul. sorry i meant i drive around with them UNLOCKED! lol

Comment

hubs need to be in lock before 4wheel drive kicks in
        in free wheel is just for normal driving
        mine are in lock all the time coz iam lazy
        there on mi sportrak not surf but work the same way
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

i dont know why i asked as i KNEW the answer.
          the thing that got me was last winter when we had all that snow, i struggled up a hill on pure ice/snow but when i pressed the 4wd button i sailed up it!? lol
          must just be coincidence?

Comment

4WD will engage in either position (leaving them unlocked enables you to use low-4 on tarmac for steep hill descents or pulling VERY heavy stuff!) but you'll only get actual 4WD if your hubs are locked.

As Paul said, leave em unlocked on the road to save CV / CV boot wear.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Paul said balljoints, not CV boots.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Dammit I did! Not engaging brain before typing

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                  i dont know why i asked as i KNEW the answer.
                  the thing that got me was last winter when we had all that snow, i struggled up a hill on pure ice/snow but when i pressed the 4wd button i sailed up it!? lol
                  must just be coincidence?
                  See another dumb question.get your act together man..
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    4WD will engage in either position (leaving them unlocked enables you to use low-4 on tarmac for steep hill descents or pulling VERY heavy stuff!) but you'll only get actual 4WD if your hubs are locked.

As Paul said, leave em unlocked on the road to save CV / CV boot wear.
                    ahhhh see this explains EVERYTHING! i could hear it engaing but was thinking "but they are unlocked". all is clear now cheers for that mate.
                    i was going to correct paul on that but didnt feel i was one to be correcting people on here! lol
                    and rich give me your balls!!....joint spacer. i want you ball joint spacers

Comment

ahhhh see this explains EVERYTHING! i could hear it engaing but was thinking "but they are unlocked". all is clear now cheers for that mate.
                      i was going to correct paul on that but didnt feel i was one to be correcting people on here! lol
                      and rich give me your balls!!....joint spacer. i want you ball joint spacers
                      was that you that emailed me then about them

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                        was that you that emailed me then about them
                        i think i should say yes but not entirely sure what you were trying to say or ask mate!?

Comment

i think i should say yes but not entirely sure what you were trying to say or ask mate!?
                          cause if i had realised which Jamie it was i would of put the price up

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                            cause if i had realised which Jamie it was i would of put the price up

Comment

Working...
                            X