Holy Crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    I'm not mad into it either, but that particular one is lovely. There will be one out there that you like, just a matter of finding it.

Some of the bottles that knock around in Islay are astonishingly expensive, the most expensive I've seen was a Bowmore cask sample at £1006 per half (35ml), but I'm sure there was a much more expensive Black Bowmore, Wiggy? I think that '66, 35 year old is about £400 a bottle so around £40 per half.

I have 2 1963 40 year old bottlings in the cupboard. Every time I see a bottle in a pub, I know mine are worth more...
    I'll have to try a glass when i drop the £300 off.

TBH im not into any spirits really, oh apart from pernod "is that a bit gay".
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
      I'll have to try a glass when i drop the £300 off.

TBH im not into any spirits really, oh apart from pernod "is that a bit gay".
      I may open a bottle one day, but not both!
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Wifies permission, to let you know, I'm in for it now!!!

She's got me, OUCH!! OW!!! STOP IT!!!! work tomoz,
        no bruises showing at the moment,

Gman.
        If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
          Wifies permission, to let you know, I'm in for it now!!!

She's got me, OUCH!! OW!!! STOP IT!!!! work tomoz,
          no bruises showing at the moment,

Gman.
          Please, this is a family forum.

Comment

Please, this is a family forum.
            Hi Si,

Gman's missus says, sorry if you find this offensive, but.
            Gman will be loggin off now, A.H.U.T.T.

Mrs Gman!!!

Comment

Hi Si,

Gman's missus says, sorry if you find this offensive, but.
              Gman will be loggin off now, A.H.U.T.T.

Mrs Gman!!!
              It takes a little bit more than that to make me blush.

Whats A.H.U.T.T?

Comment

It takes a little bit more than that to make me blush.

Whats A.H.U.T.T?
                Si, you must know this!!

As He's Under The Thumb. As i'm told.
                nite nite mate.

Gman.

No I'm NOT she only think I am. I hope !!
                Last edited by GRASSMAN; 15 September 2009, 00:02.

Comment

Si, you must know this!!

nite nite mate.

Gman.
                  Catch you later

Comment

Si, you must know this!!

nite nite mate.

Gman.

No I'm NOT she only think I am. I hope !!
                    Sneaky, you did that when her back was turned.

Comment

human bird
                      yeah i watched that last night! i thought the guy was a #### personally. one of those guys who you can tell just isnt all there. not becuase he is fearless, just from the way he acted and talked etc. just got a vibe from him that he wasnt a stable person.
                      and you could tell his mum and step dad were nutters too when they were talking about what if he died. his step dad said "i would be upset...but i would get over it" AND his mum said "i would cry...but then i would be like, well he died doing what he loved and in the moment....and i would say bravo." !!!?? WTF!! syterotypical crazy yanks if you ask me.
                      but yeah it was fcuking awsome programe though!
                      and that video of his mate flying into that bridge!!!?? omg how sad and disturbing to watch. his arms and legs went flying everywhere!
                      do you reckon it was a planned suicide? i do. when he said beforehand "whatever happens, happens" made me think that he did it on purpose. such a shame.

if you think that daredevils program was good just wait till the next one next monday! this nutter is going to run a FULL marathon....almost naked.......in the Artic!! with NO training!!.......barefoot!!! :roflt:

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
                        Cant stop laughing at this
                        same here!
                        i bet Andys gone down Sainburys to buy an apron! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                          I'm not mad into it either, but that particular one is lovely. There will be one out there that you like, just a matter of finding it.

Some of the bottles that knock around in Islay are astonishingly expensive, the most expensive I've seen was a Bowmore cask sample at £1006 per half (35ml), but I'm sure there was a much more expensive Black Bowmore, Wiggy? I think that '66, 35 year old is about £400 a bottle so around £40 per half.

I have 2 1963 40 year old bottlings in the cupboard. Every time I see a bottle in a pub, I know mine are worth more...

Andy i do concur... there is some stupidly expensive stuff out there i remember years ago seeing that black Bowmore...... a whisky reporter had about 10 various drams from the top shelf sitting on a table .... ..nice to be able to afford that for a drink!!..and i remember a really old article about islay being worth .'In 1997, exports of whisky were worth almost £2.4 billion - earning £76 for the UK every second. The seven distilleries on the island of Islay produce and export over five per cent of all Scotch. It is one of the UK's top five export earners and 91 million cases were sold world-wide last year. The industry employs around 12,400 people mostly in rural distilleries. The country which imported the most whisky last year was the USA, followed by Spain, France and Japan.' but remember all the owners are big corporation companies (Guinness, big Jap companies,etc) so you dont see that much going back into the island or Scotland.
                          Wow sounds like you have soom good whisky in the house!!! Saying that though there is some good 'normal' single malts out there http://www.squidoo.com/Malt-Whisky-B...#module4556825 and if you like whisky its certainly worth having a look at the distilleries web sites as they do quite a few limited editions e.g. lagavulin swing that wont break the bank. But if you are into really posh stuff.. they can be a bit dear for example 40-year-old Bruichladdich, selling for about $2,500 http://www.ehow.com/about_4572460_wh...t-whiskey.html but all said...... i love a good Bunnahabain (25 GBP) or Bruichladdich but dont mind a drop of just normal black bottle http://www.whiskyshop.com/Shop/TopTen.aspx .............. all down to what you feel like at the time! but on a personal not i think Laphroig is a bit like TCP and well the Bowmore 12yr ............ hand me the water!! but on another note you can buy casks now for about 400 - 500 GBP great investment and you can even order your own bottle for gifts etc

........wouldnt mind seeing that Tv programme too sounds worth a look!
                          The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
                            i think Laphroig is a bit like TCP
                            Wow! You read my mind! It's fierce stuff that!

I had a black scotch a while back - cant remember the name for the life of me. It was a gaelic name...

It was about £35 a bottle and very very drinkable with a bit of stinky cheese in front of an open fire
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              Wow! You read my mind! It's fierce stuff that!

I had a black scotch a while back - cant remember the name for the life of me. It was a gaelic name...

It was about £35 a bottle and very very drinkable with a bit of stinky cheese in front of an open fire
                              Cant beat a dram when its cr@p weather outside and you get settled in front of the fire.. .....bugger no fireplace in this house! weather has been a bit off with a ton of thunderstorms over the last few days.... guess im just sticking with the whisky! oh well

The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Working...
                              X