oil/air filter change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil/air filter change

Changed my oil, new oil filter & new air filter. What else should i renew? Is changing transmission fluid a big job? What about the fuel filter? How often do you guys change em?

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
    Changed my oil, new oil filter & new air filter. What else should i renew? Is changing transmission fluid a big job? What about the fuel filter? How often do you guys change em?
    Transmission is not too bad Unless you do the gauze filter ..I'd do the fuel when i did the oil
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Hey BioHazard are you supposed to change the fuel filter when you change your oil? Didnt know that.
      Changing fuel filter looks like a right pain in the neck.

Comment

Hey BioHazard are you supposed to change the fuel filter when you change your oil? Didnt know that.
        Errr, ive never changed mine in 2 years
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I change the fuel filter each time i service the truck.Seeing as the filter kits from milners are cheap enough it makes sense to do it the same time
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

sorry to hijack your thread mate but.......im just about to service my 3.0lt 2nd gen thats done about 140,000 (?) miles......question is what is the BEST and appropriate oil to give her?? whats the all singing and dancing hi-spec oil i can give her for that amount of miles?
            and thanks for reminding me about the fuel filter! did it last time as i did a full service but wasnt going to bother this time as just a regular service. but i will now.

Comment

HA HA FUNNY BUGGER

Comment

You dont have to change the fuel filter when you do the oil and filter, depends how long it's been on there, there cheap enough tho, easy to do, just stick a container under it and undo the plastic drain cock, remove the sensor and unscrew the old filter,, replace and refit the sensor (ya get a new o ring with the filter) pump the plunger till fuel fills the new one and start her up, the ip should pump fuel through before you use up whats left in the line tho, but if it cuts out just crank it till it starts,
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Oh and when you do the fuel filter beware as some primers do not work , you may have to fill the filter before putting it on

Comment

Working...
                  X