• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont go off road
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
      sorry goodcat didnt pick up on the sarcasm mate.
      By the way everyone my surf is the only car i have so i cant be as brave as you chaps with the 'other' car which you use for the offroad stuff.
      At the end of the day i need the thing to get me home & still work the next day!
      actually i think i was being a bit of a dick towards you, so for that i oppolgise my good sir.
      bend me over and spank me!
      Jay.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
        Fonecrusher I'm with you on this one. I could never get this ###### thing to stay shiny, so I sold it to blackpoolsparks

How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
          actually i think i was being a bit of a dick towards you, so for that i oppolgise my good sir.
          bend me over and spank me!
          Jay.
          ooo er
          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Hey biosurf you sound like you know what your talkin about.
            What exactly do you mean by locking the diffs? I have a 3rd gen surf, am i able to do this?
            I was offroading 2 weeks ago with a few guys who had defenders with big wheels & upgraded suspension. There was nowhere they could go & I could not follow except for one 40 degree ascent that had 2 foot deep holes & some serious rockage.
            It took one of the defenders (with 35" tyres) 6/7 attempts to climb it but unfortunately i couldnt make it all the way.
            Is this correct; when climbing a steep hill I should have her in 4L?
            Would diff lock have helped?
            It was my first time offroading but it still ####es me off that i couldnt make it up that hill. What did i do wrong?
            Maybe it was lack of experience.

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
              If however you want to look like, well pimp innit, be the envy of small children and worry about multistory car parks for4 ever more (and be able to go through deep ruts without scraping your underside) then lift, pimp and be merry!
              Eh?
              So were disregarding ground clearance and articulation then when it comes to off road driving?
              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                Eh?
                So were disregarding ground clearance and articulation then when it comes to off road driving?
                Not at all and that is one of the main reasons I lifted mine and removed the ARBS (sneaking in a quick post whilst at work doesnt make for my clearest work ) but thinking about most of the greenlaning you will do in this country and taking in to account my assumption at the start of my post 'if you don't want to adversly effect on road use' then I would hold that lockers will work.
                I made the decision as many of us have that I was willing to have to take a bit more care on the road in return for better clearance et al, but many dont want to.

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                  Not at all and that is one of the main reasons I lifted mine and removed the ARBS (sneaking in a quick post whilst at work doesnt make for my clearest work ) but thinking about most of the greenlaning you will do in this country and taking in to account my assumption at the start of my post 'if you don't want to adversly effect on road use' then I would hold that lockers will work.
                  I made the decision as many of us have that I was willing to have to take a bit more care on the road in return for better clearance et al, but many dont want to.
                  Agreed
                  If only greenlaning then just lockers would probably do.
                  私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Working...
                  X