@popeye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @popeye

u any good at bending stainless pipe mate?not exaust but it would be proper shiny stuff?

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
    u any good at bending stainless pipe mate?not exaust but it would be proper shiny stuff?
    You cant bend stainless pipe it just wont have it. I do know of people who have packed pipe with sand then bent it but it still creased.

The best way forward is to use dairy pipe like what I sent to Ian, and Tig weld the bends on, then you can sand and polish the welds so you cant see them, maybe gas purge the pipe whilst welding this will give a better weld apearence. Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi Andy, sorry for late reply, as Dave says, i've never try'd but gusee it would crease or crack even if it's small enough bore to fit in my copper pipe benders, could try i suppose,
      what was that facebook post about?
      Last edited by POPEYE; 6 September 2009, 11:56.
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        Hi Andy, sorry for late reply, as Dave says, i've never try'd but gusee it would crease or crack even if it's small enough bore to fit in my copper pipe benders, could try i suppose,
        what was that facebook post about?
        no idea mate,i need a bar that i can fit on roof,mount eith side of sunroof so i can put spots on it,any ideas?needs to be that far back as ive got screen visor to go on now

Comment

If your in no hurry i think the guy i do work for has some old s/s solid bar large door handles, i was gonna pinch some for my intended s/s home made winch bumper, they are/were in the old property he owns next to out local take away, i cant get in but as soon as he wants a job doing there i'll see if i can get a pair and get a pic of em, think their about 2ft or so long, perhaps cut and joined they do for a light bar, (and polished of course)
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

ok cheers matey

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
              no idea mate,i need a bar that i can fit on roof,mount eith side of sunroof so i can put spots on it,any ideas?needs to be that far back as ive got screen visor to go on now
              Let me know what you are looking for,be it round/flat/tube/box section length etc.
              If I've got it you can have it, it will be stainless as well.

If I have to buy it in for you you can have it for what it cost me.

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                Let me know what you are looking for,be it round/flat/tube/box section length etc.
                If I've got it you can have it, it will be stainless as well.

If I have to buy it in for you you can have it for what it cost me.
                ty very much,think id need ian to make it but basically i want a bar to go over sunroof and sit off roff maybean inch or so,pref hollow tube bout an inch diameter

Comment

Working...
                X