Spotlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlights

I really have the urge to mount two big spotlights on the front bull bar of the Surf, but what to Buy ... Hella / Cibie or another make ... 9 inches dia or there abouts would be nice.......
    Also the optics..what are the differences between a clear lense and a fluted lens advantage / disadvantage...

Awaiting the wisedom of the Surf forum....

Back in the day Baby

Just go for whichever spots rocks your boat. Wouldn't pay any attention to the brand, personally. With regards to fluting, I assume you mean the ones which direct the beam?

Comment

fluting yes... the weird glass patterning on the front.. i want long range spots. So are lamps with this fluting really driving lamps instead of spot lamps

Back in the day Baby

Comment

For offroad use there's really no point in lighting the distance up. Far more useful to light up the immediate surroundings, so a flood type would be better than a spotlamp.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Fluted, or prism style reflectors replace the patterned glass on older style lights, which have smooth reflectors. The light/beam pattern is basically the same, it's just the clear glass lights look more modern.
          Don't buy flashy chrome spotlighs from Ebay, they'll turn brown in a week.

Comment

Working...
          X