No announcement yet.

Why did you lot get a Surf then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sumo, that does indeed look awsome, very nice.
    Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
      Same reason as you ?? Because he has a Surf ?

He was looking for a jeep and ended up with a Surf.
      Where did he say that? He states quite clearly that he was looking for a Jeep and got it at the right price.

Originally posted by podge09 View Post
      i was looking for a jeep and it fell into the right price bracket at the right time
      No mention of a Surf there.

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
      You were looking for a Defender and ended up with a Surf.
      I was actually looking for a 4x4 and looked "at" 2 Defenders. I didn't know what a Surf was when I saw it in the catalogue.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        when I saw it in the catalogue.
        what catalogue?
        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
          You may have just once or twice I think

Shame I have the winch
          Hi andy... You do indeed have the 9500 pound winch ( which may I said no slouch). But I have my new 12000 pound winch in the lock up... And I would definitely advise some plasma rope asthat steel cable is bleedin heavy
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
            what catalogue?
            The auction catalogue.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
              what catalogue?
              Freemans?

Comment

Why? oh Why? This is why...

This is my third Toyota.
                When I lived in South Australia, I bought an old FJ40 Toyota Landcruiser for a bit of bushbashing fun.. drove her to the outback and with no air con, used to kick out the side vents for fresh air, sand, and flies!! A very, very tough old truck we nicknamed Gladys the Whoopee, because we all shouted whoopee every time we hit a big bump in the road!

Then sold that and bough a Surf... a grey boring colour, but more bushbashing in South Australia, lots of off road fun, sand dunes, out back etc, etc.

After four years living in Oz I decided it was time to come home to Wales, once back I bought a sensible Vectra... oh yes.. very conformist!

Then one day I took a double take when I saw The Beast on a local garage forecourt. Oh my.. it was love at first sight, it is the best vehicle ever.. Black on Silver... nearly as much fun as my motorcycle was.. and guaranteed to put a big big smile on my face every single day I drive it. I bought it because I just had to have it. Sad thing is, whoever had owned it before me had neglected it a little, bodywise etc, it's just fine.. but they hadn't driven it! I have found, the more I drive it ~ the better it drives... can't really explain it, but it's true, it needs daily attention and TLC.

I still have the Vectra for those boring days of commuting when economy is a factor.. but absolutely nothing touches the Toyota Surf..... ah well guys... you know exactly why i have it, it's a lifelong love affair and there will always have to be a Toyota Surf.... there is no other vehicle that is so much fun to drive is there?
                Love me Love my Surf!

Comment

[QUOTE=Adarsha & The Beast;573724]This is my third Toyota.
                  When I lived in South Australia, I bought an old FJ40 Toyota Landcruiser for a bit of bushbashing fun.. drove her to the outback and with no air con, used to kick out the side vents for fresh air, sand, and flies!! A very, very tough old truck we nicknamed Gladys the Whoopee, because we all shouted whoopee every time we hit a big bump in the road!

Then sold that and bough a Surf... a grey boring colour, but more bushbashing in South Australia, lots of off road fun, sand dunes, out back etc, etc. QUOTE]

**snigger**

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Originally posted by Adarsha & The Beast View Post
                    This is my third Toyota.

Then sold that and bough a Surf... a grey boring colour, but more bushbashing in South Australia, lots of off road fun, sand dunes, out back etc, etc. QUOTE]

**snigger**
                    Fix that mess...

Comment

got my first one after spending a day up the wayfarer with my brothers newly aquired 3 door, just had to have one for myself, then sold it after 2 years and got a pug 406 (big mistake), then shelled out £7000 for our 3gen which we are now selling but i guarentee we get another in the next few years when the finances allow.
                      best4x4xfar is a toyota
                      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                        Fix that mess...
                        come on now guys.. duh! in the bush.. outback.. the Australian bush... duh!
                        Love me Love my Surf!

Comment

We know, we're just a bunch of giggling schoolboys on here.

p.s. ...in the bush......snigger!

Comment

I meant the mess he'd made of the quote. What did you think I meant?

Comment

I repaired enough green oval's in me time so when the time came they certainly weren't on my list of 4x4's, I hadn't had a british made vehicle since a MK 2 Ford Granada in the 80's.
                              In 2000 my disability officer advised I get a 4x4, I looked at loads n plumbed for n got my first Surf a 2.4 in 2000 for £4000 (I thought that was dear at the time) but 6 n half years later it proved it's self very worthy.
                              Time to upgrade so in March 2008 up graded to a 1995 3.0l n ain't looked back,
                              the best n cheapest motoring I've ever had with a n long may it continue !!
                              Glad I made the right choice n the benefit of using SVO /WVO too.....
                              Happy Motoring

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya won't know when tho !!!!
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                                Hi andy... You do indeed have the 9500 pound winch ( which may I said no slouch). But I have my new 12000 pound winch in the lock up... And I would definitely advise some plasma rope as that steel cable is bleedin heavy
                                I knew there had to be a reason you let it go I was thinking along the lines of Plasma once i get it fitted, along with new hook and fair lead

Gra do you still have a copy of the wiring connections for this one ? as although Rich took some pics before he stripped it out, I am not quite sure of a couple of the smaller connections. I think some of the wiring is to do with the search lights you had fitted but just want to be sure

Comment

Working...
                                X