lifting mud terrains blahblahblah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
    I went the other way, sold a sports car and bought a surf, must be slowing down in my young age.
    or do what i did and own both 3ltr surf , 4ltr V8 coupe the best of both worlds

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      It's not rubbish. As you yourself said, a properly prepared petrol engine is just as good. It does need that extra attention initially which the diesel doesn't, however. You don't need to arse about sealing distributors and suchlike on the diesel, hence that statement of Ian's would only be poppycock if comparing a diesel to a prepped petrol, not a standard petrol.

Thank you, thats really what i ment, obviously its possible to "prep" a petrol for wet but its a lot of prepping whereas as deisels are much more tollerant of wet, without prepping,
      main things are the intake, the alternator (which tends to set the electrics all a dither) and ya axel breathers etc all fairly easy to give some protection to,
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

If you could find a way around the ecu limiting boost to around11psi and putting the engine in limp mode then by upgrading the turbo,injectors,fitting an intercooler air intake, re mapping the ecu if it's possible and a few sessions on a rolling road then I'm sure it's possible to get more bhp from the engine. But what you really want is torque.you can have all the bhp you want but if the torques not there then a two ton truck ain't gonna move any quicker.so my advice would be to tune engine for torque not power.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

BUGGER Who woke you up? .......... Mr sleepystein
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
            BUGGER Who woke you up? .......... Mr sleepystein
            Morning mr windbag sir.Sorry but I gotta put the world to rights again.you know how it is.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
              Morning mr windbag sir.Sorry but I gotta put the world to rights again.you know how it is.

You've been on the Monster Rippers again , haven't you , got some in the fridge now incase you call in .
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                so my advice would be to tune engine for torque not power.
                Its what diesels are good at.

You will want to tune the gearbox ecu to make use of the new torque too, rather than having it rev out of the top end of the peak torque band before changing up, as currently seems to happen!

I've noticed by locking the TC, its possible to run a taller gear longer, and you can really feel the torque at lower revs pulling well! Pulls fine from about 1500rpm, much less noise, and presumably less fuel.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Hell yea monster rippers rule.and some good advice from apache there too.v8s are for the weak minded.you wouldn't catch me with one in a surf.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X