@apache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @apache

hello Andy. any chance you can take some close up pics of the alloy blocks you used for your rack mate? i cant really see them in your pics.

im buying a this...... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-SCUDO-Mk1...d=p3286.c0.m14 ...... and im just working out wich would be the best way to go about fixing it.
    was thinking maybe blocks like you have, the whole way down my roof or gutterless roof bars at the front and middle and build up the back with 1 or 2 blocks ontop of each other to get the same height as the bars up the front.....or install some rails like Maverick did and fix it to that.
    ideally id want some blocks like you have done as they look smart and they are different. also how did you fix your rack to your blocks? i take it you had to still have had the liner down the bolt it from underneath, inside the surf?

any light you can shed would be great mate.
    Jay.

No need for pics really. Ally block, around 100mm x 30mm x 30mm at one end and 30 x ~ 27 at the other end (takes account of the side slope of the roof) Drilled and threaded 2 x M10 one side, 1 x M12 other side. 2 x M10 bolts through roof stiffener into block (with neoprene gasket) and 1 x M12 through rack into block. Do this 4 times, to best suit rack / weight distribution.

Having said that, the rack you are looking at might be best on rails.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

cheers for that mate.
      i was really trying to steer away from putting rails along the roof purely because its more work. i already have the front bars from Thule and they just sit ontop and slot in the tops of the doors. all i would have to do then is the 2 blocks at the back.
      i had been searching for ages to find a rack that will fit nicely ontop of the entire roof.....trying to find rails the perfect length for a surf is just going to be another painfull search.

hmm decisions decisions.

dont suppose anyone knows of another car makes roof rails that will fit the full length of a surf do they?

NB: im not too clued up on what an M10 and M12 bolt is but im assumming they are as a bolt should be and would look like this....the 2 M10 bolts fixing the block to the rib/roof and the longer M12 bolt sticking right up through the middle and out the top of the block so the rack can fit onto it?

sorry for my diabolical diagram!

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
        sorry for my diabolical diagram!
        Your spelling, diction and grammar are crap too.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          Your spelling, diction and grammar are crap too.
          so is your hairdresser,but hey lol

Comment

No, the bolts are threaded into the block so the block isn't pierced right through. Means it's easier to seal.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Dont suppose anyone knows of another car makes roof rails that will fit the full length of a surf do they?

Laguna estate
              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                No, the bolts are threaded into the block so the block isn't pierced right through. Means it's easier to seal.
                got ya mate init bra.

(was that better Albannach?)

Comment

got ya mate init bra.

(was that better Albannach?)
                  No.

Comment

:rotl:

is this how you flirt?

Comment

:rotl:

is this how you flirt?

Comment

dont suppose anyone knows of another car makes roof rails that will fit the full length of a surf do they?
                        I don't think anything goes the full length. I have Volvo ones for mine (still in the shed though!)

Comment

Working...
                        X