Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im about ready to put a torch to it now

Hi Guys

After laying Shoobie up for nearly a year for various reasons we have now come across the fact that i can do a few miles then have to get out and release the preasure on the fuel line from a blockage where its sucking harder than it can deliver. Ive done 4 inline fuel filters and on my second main filter with a bit of injector cleaner in to boot im ready to call it a day...Im now dreading the thought of having to drop the tank and filter whats in the tank and look at the sender to see if its all ok in there.

I tell ya its chuffing embarrasing when you stand on the loud pedal and leave the kid in his corset at the lights only to get a few minutes down the road to have to pull up and lift the bonnet..
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Removeing the tanks not too bad a job, just remove the plastic shroud in the wheelarch so you can get at the jublee clips, remove the bolt and drain it, unbolt the bash plate, stick a jack with a short plank under it and undo the bolts, lower down a bit and undo the flow;/return pipes, and bobs ya wotsname!! remove the sender plate and give it a good b0ll0king clean out wise, ya can also clear the lines out at the same time
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Check the fuel tank breather isn't blocked and causing a vacuum in the tank

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
        Check the fuel tank breather isn't blocked and causing a vacuum in the tank
        never thought of the breather where does it come out?

Comment

It runs across the top of the tank and into the inside of the chassis rail in front of the r.h. rear wheel. There is an inline filter / non return valve that gets clogged up. I removed mine completely from the fitting on the top of the tank and ran a seperate pipe into the engine bay.
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Quite right! forgot about that, mine just terminated on top of the tank with the said non retrun valve a a small rubber elbow, i could hear it sucking in as i drained the tank, since rerun it up into the back rear quater,

Comment

just cracked the tank open and yes it sucked air so now to find a nice quiet spot to put the car on ramps and start crawling underneath told madam to just leave the filler cap loose a bit till we get it sorted.

Comment

I have bother filling my truck with fuel, could it be a problem with breather too?
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                  I have bother filling my truck with fuel, could it be a problem with breather too?
                  Very possible as any air in tank will be trying to get out the filler neck which you are pouring the diesel into

Comment

Just drill a 3mm hole in the filler cap.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Just drill a 3mm hole in the filler cap.
                      It'll kake ages to fill it up through that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                        It'll kake ages to fill it up through that!!!
                        Eh???

Some new fuel we don't know about??
                        My other cars a QUAD
                        (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                        http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Working...
                        X