Albannach's ICE Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its cool mate. im not stupid. im only stupid when it comes to surfs

and it would be a shame if you "old" boys (yes i said old lol) would set upon me over taking something i said the wrong way. so let it be know, please dont take anything i say offensively or insensitivley.
    Jay.

p.s i can give as good as i get

EDIT: sorry to hijack your thread mate. its all yours. x

Comment

Originally posted by mousey View Post
      These are the specs for the tweeters.... got given them so not too bad...

1.5" Dome Tweeter
      0.52" Voice Coil
      300W Max
      Impedance 4 Ohm
      SPL 97dB / W / M
      Frequency Range 5KHz - 20KHz.
      I'd not use them without at least a 6" mid somewher and a crossover.

Didn't really want to go down that root of making customer door pods, rather keep it looking as standard as pos..
      You're stuck with the standard mounting places then. A couple of folk here have squezed 6x9s in the standard pods. If you do this, I'd seal the port in the pod.

Not alot atm.... nothing really over 80-100sqiud.
      You need something that has 4 channels but is bridgeable. 2 channels for the fronts and the other 2 bridged to mono to drive the sub. Or, if your HU has decent power and a front/rear fader, use the HU to drive the fronts and a 2 channel bridged amp to drive the rears (I'd do it this way)

You'll not get much new for £100, but if you watch e-bay, you'll get something.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
        and it would be a shame if you "old" boys (yes i said old lol) would set upon me over taking something i said the wrong way. so let it be know, please dont take anything i say offensively or insensitivley.
        It's nothing personal, we don't mind who we upset.

p.s i can give as good as i get
        That's good to know.

EDIT: sorry to hijack your thread mate. its all yours. x
        What's with the kiss? Are you the new Wodders?
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          It's nothing personal, we don't mind who we upset.

That's good to know.

What's with the kiss? Are you the new Wodders?
          OI!! g1t!

I had 5" in the dash with the tweeters mounted at the base of the pillars. 6.5" mounted in the rear with a 12" sub..

It was all real good stuff an big ££.. Most of the sound came from the front speakers with the sub filling it out.. the rear speakers did nothing but distort the panels at louder volumes. So if you do (not you albannach) fit speakers in the rear.. loooads of sound proofing is important! Otherwise from outside the truck the sound is painful!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
            Otherwise from outside the truck the sound is painful!!
            Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not sure why the sound outside is important. Surely you listen inside?
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not sure why the sound outside is important. Surely you listen inside?
              Well, yeah..

But it made the whole truck distort at higher volumes.. you could see the panels moving in an out an it sounded like the whole system was distorting.. Which it was'nt inside..

But either way.. It turned it from seeming like a nice but powerful system into something thats just all about the 'w' rating if you were stood along side it!!

Comment

Well, yeah..

But it made the whole truck distort at higher volumes.. you could see the panels moving in an out an it sounded like the whole system was distorting.. Which it was'nt inside..

But either way.. It turned it from seeming like a nice but powerful system into something thats just all about the 'w' rating if you were stood along side it!!
                You've obviously done an install...

Do you, or anyone esle know is it possible to fit 6.1/2" speakers in the FRONT?

I no Albannach talked about people putting 6x9's in thier....

Just a thought

James
                If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Comment

You've obviously done an install...

Do you, or anyone esle know is it possible to fit 6.1/2" speakers in the FRONT?

I no Albannach talked about people putting 6x9's in thier....

Just a thought

James
                  I had to butcher my 5" to fit in the front.. how Breakdowntruck got 6x9's in i do not know!

But by his admission its 'not pretty' but hey.. if its hiden so what!!

i spent alot on mine.. If i were to do it again i'd get the best 4" components i could get an just have them fitted properly..

The problem with jamming things in places they dont wanna fit is you just open yourself up to causing problems with panel distortion etc etc.

Comment

I had to butcher my 5" to fit in the front.. how Breakdowntruck got 6x9's in i do not know!

But by his admission its 'not pretty' but hey.. if its hiden so what!!

i spent alot on mine.. If i were to do it again i'd get the best 4" components i could get an just have them fitted properly..

The problem with jamming things in places they dont wanna fit is you just open yourself up to causing problems with panel distortion etc etc.
                    Ok, so thats answered my first question....

I was looking at getting a set of 4" anyways, so what do they mean by 2 way and 3 way speakers....

Is it 2 way are you average sort of speakers and a 3 way has a built in sub?

Am i barking up the wrong tree here?

James

Comment

Ok, so thats answered my first question....

I was looking at getting a set of 4" anyways, so what do they mean by 2 way and 3 way speakers....

Is it 2 way are you average sort of speakers and a 3 way has a built in sub?

Am i barking up the wrong tree here?

James
                      yes lol,without it getting to complex(do a wiki search if yr intrested)good 4 iinch 2 ways will do fine,or butcher yr dash internals and put 6x9's in lol

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                        yes lol,without it getting to complex(do a wiki search if yr intrested)good 4 iinch 2 ways will do fine,or butcher yr dash internals and put 6x9's in lol
                        Ahh sounds good....

You don't happen to have a photo of you "butcher'd" front 6x's do you?

Comment

Ahh sounds good....

You don't happen to have a photo of you "butcher'd" front 6x's do you?
                          didnt have the guts mate,its nasty lol,its the 6 inch width thats the prob,glove box side flat its impossible,ie hits glove box,so mine kinda diagonal fit lol,was only cause i had 6x9's kicking around,i wouldn't reccomend it,if i was buying speakers id prob make mdf pods and fit in front doors tbh

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                            didnt have the guts mate,its nasty lol,its the 6 inch width thats the prob,glove box side flat its impossible,ie hits glove box,so mine kinda diagonal fit lol,was only cause i had 6x9's kicking around,i wouldn't reccomend it,if i was buying speakers id prob make mdf pods and fit in front doors tbh
                            Ahh ok lol

I am probally gonna just stick with a decent set of 4"'s maybeee if am brave enough i might try and adapt some 5"'s to go in thier, but i'll what ive got to play with once ive stripped it

Comment

Ahh ok lol

I am probally gonna just stick with a decent set of 4"'s maybeee if am brave enough i might try and adapt some 5"'s to go in thier, but i'll what ive got to play with once ive stripped it
                              u can happily remove lower dash on passenger side and still use the surf,take it off have a look then u will see,i think its 6 screws,and pop out glove box,v easy

Comment

Working...
                              X