Albannach's ICE Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albannach's ICE Thread

Right, here we go. This is what I'll be doing with my spare time for the next few months. Graft by me, advice by Wishbone...

Cabling will be 0awg from front to back and batteries to earth, each amp will get 4awg cables, earths going direct to chassis.

In all my posts in the thread, read all the captions above the pics, so you know what it is and what I'm doing.

First post, so this is what's going in:

Crystal 3 way componants.

Tru Tech F-1B Active Crossover.

Directed Audio 6 channel amp.

Vibe Mono Amp.

RE SE-12 Sub.

Last edited by Albannach; 28 August 2009, 23:16.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

nice thread. i love Directed Audio!

are you putting the other components in the rear aswell then??

Comment

Nothing in the rear bar the Sub. Tweets in the pillars, the rest in the front doors. If the amps end up being visible, I'll probably dump the Vibe for another Directed amp.

Comment

You coming up for this interior mate? am around messing in the garage most of tomorrow
        Brian

Comment

sorry my mistake. i thought there were 4 components in the pic! it was actually just the wire mesh cases! woops lol

i was planning on something for my surf but i havent bought the bits yet as im unsure how to tackle the rear speakers?
          or should i say cant be arsed to take all the rear quater trim off to see whats there lol.

was thinking 2 8" subs built into the sides next to the rear speakers about a foot apart from each other but will have to see if theres room first.
          i cant afford a sub in the back as i use it for work more than i use my van these days.

Comment

Aye, will be up tomorrow. Sorry I didn't come sooner, spent most of my time working and at funerals! 3rd one this week is tomorrow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
              sorry my mistake. i thought there were 4 components in the pic! it was actually just the wire mesh cases! woops lol

i was planning on something for my surf but i havent bought the bits yet as im unsure how to tackle the rear speakers?
              or should i say cant be arsed to take all the rear quater trim off to see whats there lol.

was thinking 2 8" subs built into the sides next to the rear speakers about a foot apart from each other but will have to see if theres room first.
              i cant afford a sub in the back as i use it for work more than i use my van these days.
              I wouldn't put anything bar subs in the rear, If you're creative with sealing and fixing, you may get away with 2 8" behind the trims. Keep the main sound stage in front of you (unless you spend your time at gigs with your back to the stage?).

Comment

So the next SMC Road Trip will have great sounds for evening beers
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                  So the next SMC Road Trip will have great sounds for evening beers
                  Not the Winter one, but deffo the Summer one.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                    (unless you spend your time at gigs with your back to the stage?).
                    Unless you spend your time at gigs in a small, reverberant tin box with dimensions very poorly suited to audio reproduction, and a high ambient noise level?

Sorry, being devils egg-nog here
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I wouldn't put anything bar subs in the rear, If you're creative with sealing and fixing, you may get away with 2 8" behind the trims. Keep the main sound stage in front of you (unless you spend your time at gigs with your back to the stage?).
                      haha
                      you cant have no speakers in the rear man!? ever heard of surround sound?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        Unless you spend your time at gigs in a small, reverberant tin box with dimensions very poorly suited to audio reproduction, and a high ambient noise level?

Sorry, being devils egg-nog here
                        I know. But I spend more time listening to music in the car than the house. Sound dampening helps, but you're right, accoustically, a big tin box isn't great.

But, I'll still trounce Brokendownvan in a contest

Comment

haha
                          you cant have no speakers in the rear man!? ever heard of surround sound?
                          Almost all proper installations have no rear soundstage (bar subs, which are mono anyway)

Comment

Almost all proper installations have no rear soundstage (bar subs, which are mono anyway)
                            thats a new one on me?

afterall, isnt that what a fader is for?

Comment

thats a new one on me?

afterall, isnt that what a fader is for?
                              What's yours? You can't rip the crap out of mine without showing your own.

Comment

Working...
                              X