Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OOG View Post
    Aye! Do we know each other?
    no but i think i know were your disco is, did it have lr spots up front on a plastic bull bar?
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
      no but i think i know were your disco is, did it have lr spots up front on a plastic bull bar?
      Well i sold it to Mr Mills at Llanfairfechan, so i assume that's where you mean? He's fixed it up and using it as his courtesy car i think? He did a lot of the major work on it over the years, like the suspension etc. Very good garage, wish he did surfs!
      No, i haven't rescued any mountains this week!

Comment

Well i sold it to Mr Mills at Llanfairfechan, so i assume that's where you mean? He's fixed it up and using it as his courtesy car i think? He did a lot of the major work on it over the years, like the suspension etc. Very good garage, wish he did surfs!
        mine is the only surf thats allowed in his emporium
        i live 150 yards from his garage and yes your old disco is to be his next courtesy car when the present one dies, which won't be long i guess

Comment

Came to a 4-way roundabout, on a road i know well. Stopped, all roads clear as far as eye can see (at least 100yds).

Set off from 12o'clock position, heading for 6 o'clock position. As i passed the 3 o'clock exit i notice a very fast blur in my left peripheral vision. I'm doing about 10-15mph (it is a Disco!).

Blur turns out to be a biker who decided not to even slow for the roundabout. He creams into my side, hitting the end of the firewall/bottom of a-pillar square on. Lots of broken glass, i stop immediately and have vague notion of a leather-clad shape flying across my field of vision.

Get out, phone out, approach biker and sort out 999/making sure he isn't going to bleed to death or similar between now and the ambulance showing up (i'm on a mountain rescue team and work as a medic on challenges etc).

Bike disassembled itself on impact, took out my windscreen and frame, side window and door, rear door, front left wing, sill, part of roof, knocked steering over slightly etc etc.

Git...
          Was the biker OK?

Very unusual set of circumstances there. Very unusual for a bike to sideswipe a car on a roundabout. Also, very unusual for a biker to be driving too fast in North Wales, given your hatred for us!
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

mine is the only surf thats allowed in his emporium
            i live 150 yards from his garage and yes your old disco is to be his next courtesy car when the present one dies, which won't be long i guess
            It has been on it's last legs for a while!

I'm kinda glad it's still running, the engine was sweet as a nut, just couldn't justify the cost of all of the bodywork required on a vehicle with 170,000+ on the clock.

So i bought a surf... and have done nothing but throw money at it since! (cylinder head, tyres, batteries, etc etc)

Ah well, at least i can sleep in this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              Was the biker OK?

Very unusual set of circumstances there. Very unusual for a bike to sideswipe a car on a roundabout. Also, very unusual for a biker to be driving too fast in North Wales, given your hatred for us!

Biker was okay in the end. Tried to swallow his tongue and had several broken bones, right leg being the major one. It had extra corners.

I suppose i was a good person to crash into, i was even on my way to training so had my kit with me!

God knows how he hit me, he was a local, the roundabout has been there for years now and a Disco isn't exactly small. He just hit me head on, as if i wasn't there. Just glad he didn't hit the door and come into the cabin with me...

As for bikers, my missus is a biker, i have biker friends and no love for our now ex-Chief Constable! :-)

Comment

Albannach
                check this out
                http://www.bikersoracle.com/thunder/...ead.php?t=5007

tourist bikers keep our local emergency services well trained. Valentino wannbe's come from englandshire every Sunday and at least 1 fails to get home safely every week, mind you so do the englandshire mountain walkers do the same up Snowdon.

the police don't try and ban ramblers but when it comes to bikers thats a different story.

it saddens me every time i see the blues and twos in and around Betws y Coed.

OOG
                now what you mean with the disco, mine has so much tin worm its unbelivable in still going, complete oppisite with the surf

Comment

Albannach
                  check this out

tourist bikers keep our local emergency services well trained. Valentino wannbe's come from englandshire every Sunday and at least 1 fails to get home safely every week, mind you so do the englandshire mountain walkers do the same up Snowdon.

the police don't try and ban ramblers but when it comes to bikers thats a different story.

it saddens me every time i see the blues and twos in and around Betws y Coed.

OOG
                  now what you mean with the disco, mine has so much tin worm its unbelivable in still going, complete oppisite with the surf
                  Just about getting Surf to where i had the Disco in terms of performance and toys. Except the Surf isn't rusty!

As for the ramblers, that's a bit more complicated as the majority of the people needing rescuing don't require it because of doing something daft. It's just that the ones that do make the extra effort to be a fool make the headlines...

Comment

Albannach
                    check this out

Need to be a member to see that site. Your Constabulary are tw@ts though?

Comment

Need to be a member to see that site. Your Constabulary are tw@ts though?
                      cut and paste from that site

hi all
                      don't know if any of you read the motor cycle news but their having a big meet in protest at the way the north wales police are treating bikers
                      from what the mcn says they are stopping around 400 bikes a weekend
                      just to #### us of and drive us out of wales,other police forces have said that this is a bit heavy handed,they only stop 1000 a year, some police riders have said they will be joining the meet
                      MCN are urging all bike riders to invade north wales on the 12 sept.
                      they want every one to meet up at the ponderosa cafe at the top of the horseshoe pass at 12 noon.
                      then there's a mass ride to the national park later
                      this is open to all bikers what ever you ride,so make the time to go and let the north wales police we won't be treated like this.

it'll be nice to put a face to some of the regular names and have a chinwag about our cats/aces(i'll be on a red/black 98 cat with a red yamaha jacket on)
                      see ya there

Comment

As for the ramblers, that's a bit more complicated as the majority of the people needing rescuing don't require it because of doing something daft. It's just that the ones that do make the extra effort to be a fool make the headlines...
                        What's a rambler doing on a mountain?

Comment

Just about getting Surf to where i had the Disco in terms of performance and toys. Except the Surf isn't rusty!

news papers have a lot to answer for, anything for a headline.

Comment

ramblers get everywhere, its thier right

Comment

Rambling... :-) Technically i'm a rambler's instructor! :-)

Meet at the Ponderosa? Must remember to stay away from the climbing crags at Llangollen that weekend!

I once ran a training exercise for the team from there on a Sunday. The same day as the Vespa club turns up... you couldn't even hear the helicopter!

Comment

cut and paste from that site

hi all
                                don't know if any of you read the motor cycle news but their having a big meet in protest at the way the north wales police are treating bikers
                                from what the mcn says they are stopping around 400 bikes a weekend
                                just to #### us of and drive us out of wales,other police forces have said that this is a bit heavy handed,they only stop 1000 a year, some police riders have said they will be joining the meet
                                MCN are urging all bike riders to invade north wales on the 12 sept.
                                they want every one to meet up at the ponderosa cafe at the top of the horseshoe pass at 12 noon.
                                then there's a mass ride to the national park later
                                this is open to all bikers what ever you ride,so make the time to go and let the north wales police we won't be treated like this.

it'll be nice to put a face to some of the regular names and have a chinwag about our cats/aces(i'll be on a red/black 98 cat with a red yamaha jacket on)
                                see ya there
                                Cheers. If I didn't have something booked that day, I'd have went down. What they are doing to bikers is despicable.

Comment

Working...
                                X