New Rad Fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rad Fitted

Fitted new Radiator yesterday, after trolling through the varios supplyers from £85 upwards decided to buy from Roughtrax (Did'nt receive free filler cap though Baz as other people have I have read) next to Toyota I fealt it was the best route as others had had them fall apart very quickly from other supplyers, and we all Know Roughtrax are the best for parts !

Job is quite easy just a bit fiddly, I decided to take air con compresser off as I dont use it, and this made the job a bit easier.

The bottom half of the shroud had corroded away so now is not joined cant see it being a problem, suppose they all go there.

Left filler cap off all night to burp topped up this morning about 1/2 litre of blue coolant " two year life " as this is what I had in originally.

All is well running nicely

Well done Dave, it's not a bad job doing the rad is it, my old bottom shroud was rotten so left it off, no problems since, you should have hinted to barry regarding the cap, dont hurt to ask, nicely like give us a new cap or i'll kneecap ya! makes a difference without all that air-con shoit in the way, now junk the rest of it and you'll have plenty of room for when the harmonic balencer goes
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Harmonic Balancer went years ago Mate I did have to order new alternator belts and power steering as they were looking a bid thread beer. ROUGHTRAX of course.

Well the suns shining on good old Norfolk, off work till Monday so off to shop for some of that apple juice you mix with ice and fall over after a dozen cans yum yum
      Last edited by Webbo; 27 August 2009, 15:46.

Comment

You have to move up into the 3 litre class to get a free rad cap with your radiator...
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Funny you say that I've been wondering what I would get when my ole gal is past repair, cant see if yet for a while.

The farmer next to me has just bought a brand new Hilux crew cab just for his workers to get around the farm in, it is yummy, it would be one of them or a Landcruiser, I think they look brill.

But enough of that talk the Surfs got years left in her yet.

What would you lot buy if you had to buy another 4x4 ?????????
          I bet it would be a Toyota of some sort.....

Comment

Aye! i do like the land criuser 80 (like the Boyo's i think) there aint too many newish veh's i like, they all seem to trend toward the same "look" so an LC would be my choice (unless of course i had a chance at some sort of american tin)

it's funny but do you notice how people who've gone to a 3lt from a 2.4 suddenly become holyier than thou (nearly said who've gone "up" to a 3lt !! but it aint nessiserly an upward move) and i cant spell nessi, nesi, oh ###k it
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
            X