If you have teenagers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have teenagers

I know we all talk to them and try and guide them, but may be worth letting them read the following.

A fella from work has brought his lad up well. 17yr old and left school with great grades, never been in bother and looking at a very bright future.

Last weekend he got drunk at a party and was persuaded to get his mums car to move friends on to another party.

Yep you got it, crash!
    No licence, one dead, two in intesive care, one in spinal unit.

He is now looking at up to 10yrs in Jail and I don't mean working with his dad.

Please have that conversation with them again, save you the heart ache this lads parents and the parents of the others involved are going through.
    Last edited by yoshie; 26 August 2009, 23:52.
    Brian

i wish part of the test was walking round our yards,i really do

Comment

Thing is, they think they're invincible. They also think we all talk shite, can't drive and just want to spoil their fun, so don't listen to a word we say.

I know 4 lads who died in one accident, the oldest was just 18. We were at his mum's wedding and met all the lads and their parents. Within a month the boys were all dead.

An ex's son was lucky, he had a low speed fight with a fence 2 months after he passed his test, he heeded the warning. But alas; many don't.

If they get to our age, they'll understand what we meant.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

dude thats terrible
        nice lad like that doing such a stupid thing killed 1 hurt 3
        its the beer makes a young mind go all daft
        prison is no place for a nice lad
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

No matter how long he spends in jail, that will be nothing compared to having to live with killing someone and crippling someone. Poor bugga, 2 minutes stupidity and a lifetime of regret.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Truly shocking but sadly far too common.

RIP.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              Thing is, they think they're invincible. They also think we all talk shite, can't drive and just want to spoil their fun, so don't listen to a word we say.
              Sod all we can do, unfortunately. You can't teach experience. We have to sit back and hope they have a soft lesson to learn from, but the lad above and his friends obviously weren't so lucky.

Comment

it's something a lot of us have done or will do!... 90% get away with it...

i never drink these days if i'm working the next day or need to drive anywhere the following morning too early.
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                X