backroader first post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backroader first post

I hope that this is the way to post a first post as asked for in the welcome email.

I have managed to find out why my power antenna did not work ( went to: www.installdr.com). I had to connect to P/Ant wire 2 to P/Ant wire 1, which was connected to the stereo P/Ant wire.

I have noticed that the alternator belt is loose, it looks like tightening this should be much the same as for my '87 22re. Any likely surprises?

I have also noticed that the belt that drives the A/C compressor is loose - the tensioner is not in contact with the belt. I have the Max Ellery '79-'97 LN-Diesel manual, and have borrowed the Chilton '89-'96 (gas) P/Up, LC, 4Runner from the library. Cannot find any info on belt tension adjustment.

Hard to see into the working area well and spaces are tight.

Any suggestions and do's and don'ts ?

I also need to develop a feel of when I might be in danger over over heating this unit - head and transmission. The Toyota parts people at Canyon Creek suggested not exceding 100 kmph, even on flat ground. This vehicle has had the head crack and be replaced (former owner). Any recommendations?

Alberta has some roads with 110kmph limits, but I intend to do a good part of my driving in BC, which has lower limits on most roads 90 to 100 or less). A lot of BC roads to have a significant grade to them.

Thanks for any help, rochyo

May i be the first to welcome you Backroader.
    The usual suspects will no doubt be along to heckle and advise soon.
    Remember arrows are silent.....................
    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

welcome dude
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome Rob, if you have just got this truck i'd give the cooling system a good flushing forward and reverse, and dont forget all the small tubes/hoses, rear heater pipes and turbo cooler pipes. refill (slowly) with a good coolant mix and replace the stat, cap etc plus any hoses that look buggered, i'd fit a decent aftermarket water temp gauge as the original's as much use as second ringpiece, by the time that goes in the red it useually too late, belts are easy to replace/tighten up and if you dont know the trucks history i'd do the cam belt too, if you plan a good flush say one weekend, wip the rad off and do the belts then, at least you can see wtf your doing and have room to get sockets in there, if you dont plan to use the air con much junk it, more room, less weight, less drag on the motor, apart from that enjoy the truck
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
          X