yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone been offered a cheap Merc 4x4 lorry with Hiab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been offered a cheap Merc 4x4 lorry with Hiab?

Got to my work yard (Anglesey, Scottish Power Electricity) yesterday morning to find the front gates had been bursted open with so much force that when closed they passed each other by about 6 inches.After having a good snoop around it was found that our Merc Hiab had been lifted and used to ramraid the gates on the way out.Looks like it was stolen to order because the small plant ,mini excavators,compressors,trailer s,etc. were all there.Also a Defender TD5 130 was left untouched(I'll ignore the obvious comments from you lot).So beware if you see one for sale.

All the best,Ian

a few months ago a firm i used to work for had a merc lorry wit ha hiab knicked but who ever done their's cut the gates off the posts so it sounds like the same thing

Comment

A Merc 1823K with a 5 tonne Hiab costs around £75,000 to build and takes anything up to 9 months to construct (special order chassis then crane installation then body build - no one makes a turnkey one) so a good secondhand one 2 years old still sells for the new price. In the Middle East you can at least double the UK asking price no questions asked.

Comment

Working...
      X