Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
    I'm trying to make my mind up which one
    Don't forget not to use it on the public highway. It is illegal to leave you vehicle running with no driver.
    Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins View Post
      Don't forget not to use it on the public highway. It is illegal to leave you vehicle running with no driver.
      so is adultery but we all do it.........

dont we?

I KID I KID!!

Comment

Just checked mine and it's an "ultra countdown timer".

Can't see any on eBay, but can find some info elsewhere about it. Think they're all much of a muchness really!

Martin
        Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

at the end of the day mate its all down to how much you wana spend? set yourself a budget first and then do a search as to what timmer gives you the most bang for your buck or meets the requirements you want from it.

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
            at the end of the day mate its all down to how much you wana spend? set yourself a budget first and then do a search as to what timmer gives you the most bang for your buck or meets the requirements you want from it.
            In all honesty I dont want to pay a lot. All I want is one that will run for a pre-set time to let the turbo spool down. I'm not looking for one of the all singing all dancing ones it could be based on a clockwork egg timer as long as it let the turbo cool down.......................... .

Now then ..... I wonder.......mmmmmm..........n ah it wouldn't work
            I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

well to be honest im not 100% sure if mine is rigged up to my alarm. i said that because every one i know who has a turbo timmer, has theirs rigged up to the alarm. im sure its a standard thingy for all turbo timmers (?)

ill pop out later and check the model of mine for you. it doesnt look like an all singing and dancing one. all i know is that it keeps the engine running and it determines how long for by the length of time ive been driving.
              i.e driving it for:
              5 mins = 30 seconds countdown.
              10 mins = 45 seconds countdown.
              over 10 mins = whatever.
              im sure you get the point.

ill post the make later but TBH they all do the same basic thing.

in the meantime, this one is good and is £79 http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/Product-26.aspx
              here is one that Halfords do for only £39! http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165660 it doesnt have an AUTO function like the other one where the computer works out how long to let the engine run for but it has 2 preset times you can set yourself. basically if you set one for 1 minute you can use that fixed setting for after short journeys and you can set the other one for 2-8 minutes for longer journeys.
              personally the first one by Blitz is the winner. its not cheap but its not expensive and its from a VERY renouned racing/tuning company! AND it has the AUTO function!
              if it was me i would get a turbo timer whith an Auto function on it.
              hope this helps.

Comment

here you go i just found you a winner!

http://turborevs.org.uk/vmchk/turbo-...rbo-timer.html

have a read of the description. its all there!

Comment

a handy feature to have if the one you buy doesnt have it is the handbreak feature. basically if your car is running whilston the timmer and your handbreak fails and your on a hill, it will cut the engine. i assume this is to limit chances of your car blowing up in a rare circunstane that it might? lol
                  but more importantly, if its not hooked up to your alarm then any thief that tries his luck will obviously release the handbrake and the engine will cut out imediately.

here is a very short clip of one in action for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT6r7C05knA

Comment

well to be honest im not 100% sure if mine is rigged up to my alarm. i said that because every one i know who has a turbo timmer, has theirs rigged up to the alarm. im sure its a standard thingy for all turbo timmers (?)

Doubt it is. I'd be surprised if most turbo timers interact with the alarm in any way or form. They'll work on the combination of handbrake and ignition switch, I would assume, not the alarm.

Comment

here you go i just found you a winner!

http://turborevs.org.uk/vmchk/turbo-...rbo-timer.html

have a read of the description. its all there!
                      That's the same one which a few are selling for £25 on Ebay.

Comment

Working...
                      X