@Apache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Apache

A quickie regarding your lock-up mod Andy. What type of fail-safe does it have when gearing/slowing down? Did you end up with a design which prevents possibility of damage to the box?

A shameless bump.

Comment

Haven't done anything so far. In use there is enough warning that you are in lock up when slowing down as you get the shudder you get with a manual box at low revs.

Used it a lot in France and it becomes second nature to switch it out when you slow down. I'll get round to doing the full mod sooner or later.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        Haven't done anything so far. In use there is enough warning that you are in lock up when slowing down as you get the shudder you get with a manual box at low revs.
        Ain't it a bit detrimental to the box when you're getting shudder though?

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        Used it a lot in France and it becomes second nature to switch it out when you slow down. I'll get round to doing the full mod sooner or later.
        I thought I was bad for taking my time. Did it come in useful/handy on your recent expedition then?

Comment

I dont make a habit of it.

It was useful on those 50mph runs on their equivalent of A roads. We used the 'low 4' box with 1 & 2 with the front hubs unlocked for steep decents on grippy surfaces a lot too. Very handy.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
          X