Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie - a few questions!

hi all im new to the site.

i want to ask a few questions about the toyota surf. my parents are thinking of getting one but wanted to get some advice before buying. they are looking at the 3rd generation model, wondering whether performance is any good? what model/engines are best (whats the range?) any advice / info would be great!

thanks

Hi & welcome.

Both engines are good, if you need the extra power for towing etc then get the 3.0, if its all around town motoring then the 2.4 will be fine.
    Not a huge difference in mpg, anywhere from low 20 to high 20 mpg depending on how heavy your right foot is.
    As for performance, they are a larger 4x4 weighing nearly 2 ton, they are good for there size, if thats what you mean by performance. If performance is a factor then you should be looking for toyota MR2 not a Surf.

Parts are easy and cheap to source, plenty of insurance companies to choose from, adrian flux offer members 15% discount.

Theres plenty more to read on here about first time buying, do a little search you will find plenty to read.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

I haven't driven a 3rd gen surf but on the comfort front my 2nd gen is the most comfortable car I've owned and would presume that the 3rd gen follows suit, all surfs come well equipped electric everything, air-con etc... just thoroughly check out any car you look at, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
      X