No announcement yet.

safe braking distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but how many times due you find the tailgating idiot is driving a german made car and usually black..the car that is.

I have always found 4 x 4's lead to a more relaxing drive and you just tend to take it easy and enjoy the advantagous view. The advent of sat nav has reinforced this for me.

Sit there at 60 ish, better economy, all good. Then you start pushing and overtaking and before you know it your into the 70's plus. Take a look at the estimated arrival time (usually spot on) and after 15 or so minutes you discover your going to arrive 2 minutes earlier....!!!!

On the flip side of tailgating on the way home I regularly drive down a narrow road with cars double parked. Now whether it's the A bar or just the truck but I can testify that 90% of the time I am never forced to pull into a space to allow oposition to pass it is always t'other way round. This can be a bit disconcerting when driving the wifes 206 hairdressers cabriolet and you are suddenly nose to nose with the oposition because you forgot you weren't in the truck!!

Comment

I must admit that I never really had anybody tailgating me until I bought the Surf, mind you, I don't think I hung around long enough for anyone to actually get to the backside of the celica but in the surf when I look in the rear view most cars seem to be right on my tail however when I look in the side view mirror they seem to be a sensible distance away, am begining to think it's more of an illusion thing than anything else maybe the tail gate is so high that you don't see the amount of road between my back end and the front of their car so looks like their tailgating, normally most people are fairly good in my area so the jury is out on this at the mo.
      Neal

Comment

I had a mondeo go into the back of me at ore(coming from fairlight). He was so busy looking at a girl on the pavement with a VERY short skirt on he didn't notice I had stopped.....he wrote his motor off,all I had to do was put it in 4wd To move as both back wheels were off the ground
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
          I had a mondeo go into the back of me at ore(coming from fairlight). He was so busy looking at a girl on the pavement with a VERY short skirt on he didn't notice I had stopped.....he wrote his motor off,all I had to do was put it in 4wd To move as both back wheels were off the ground
          When and where was this m8, not the juction just down from b&q was it or the nightmare junction by spar???
          Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
            When and where was this m8, not the juction just down from b&q was it or the nightmare junction by spar???
            I DO BELEIVE ITS A CO OP...BUT THE NIGHTMARE JUNCTION YES
            why am i shouting
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              I DO BELEIVE ITS A CO OP...BUT THE NIGHTMARE JUNCTION YES
              why am i shouting
              It's that sneaky Caps Lock key, you never know when just going to jump under one of your fingers for no apparent reason.
              Neal

Comment

That juction is always having accidents, don't think the pedestrian crossing helps being in the middle of it.
                Neal

Comment

Working...
                X