to much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to much?

had a great three weeks with kids for summer hols... down side of that the old girl gave up ..water pump. radiator and bottom pulley.. cost of repair in excess of £ 600 ... not to good up side i thought i found a good place to get her seviced ,, but no the car they lent me broke down leaving me ####ed.. still good old RAC.. what i would like to know is that a good price for the job or is it the old garage ,,well its an import and its a hard thing to get the parts etc??

if they think i is gonna pay the full whack after being let down like that ,,mmm i dont think so...
    at the mo the car they left me is at hintons bristol so if they want it they can go get it lol.

hay hi ya by the way kind regards me B N B

If thats including new parts then i would think it is fairly good but could of been a bit cheaper tho as the rad new will be anything from £165 plus for new plus fitting.The water pump should be about £100 fitted max and the bottom pulley i wouldn't have a clue on.These are a rough price for a 2.4

If they charge you for a new rad make sure you get the reciept etc for it and also check the rad to make sure it's a new one fitted
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

For that money you can buy another one though they are going so cheap at the moment....
      With a little extra you can get yourself a 3ltr....
      One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Bottom pully fitted and a servce cost me just over £600 about 3 years ago, but surfs were going for reasonable dosh back then.

Spoggle

Comment

did my pump and pulley when i bought mine as they had already gone, water pump cost me £65 from motor factors, bottom pulley cost me £90 inc shipping off fleabay, fitted it myself in about 4 hours as bottom pulley almost fell off,

Comment

mmm as i thought ripped off a tad ,,are well wont be going to them any more ever lol. still vengeance will be sweet lol

its all done and the total was 702 with all the shit i went through they only took off 100 they are #######s and i am not happy ,,so sam edwards in bude dont use them they even add 5% to the parts they fit .. so i was riped off but like said revenge is sweet .
            Last edited by black n bad; 18 August 2009, 09:55.

Comment

Working...
            X