Exhaust exit.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust exit.......

When i drive me surf we like a bit of breeze me and the dogs so i wind the rear window down a bit and after
    a while i wind it back up due to the annoying smell.... not the dogs the diesel fumes......
    Its got a standard 3.0L back box with the tail pipe exiting out the rear nearside and slightly down......
    Now my question is if i hack off the end and redirect to come out the side just behind the rear mudguard
    other than stopping it grounding out when i go off road will this stop the dogs asfixiating in the back.......?
    Don't want to go the thru the bumper route just out the side.

I have seen some of you guys have it poke out in front off the wheel down by the running board, does this not
    cause for unburnt pooh getting sprayed on your tyre and diesel being slippery stuff not aiding your traction on tarmac ?
    Remember arrows are silent.....................
    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

19 reads and no one has a comment......wakey wakey......

Comment

It will help out a lot by having it exit behind the wheel.You may still get some of the fumes come in but not much if any.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I haven't smelt exhaust fumes when I've had the back window down but I've only driven for 2 or 3 miles like that.
        As far as redirecting the exhaust goes I've no idea.
        There you go 1 answer. No bl00dy use but I did answer.
        bugger I must learn to type faster
        I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Cheers for that stormforce....& Brummie
          I did me reading up on all the side exit threads and everytime someone had asked if it made a difference
          they got no answer so what the heck thought i would ask again. Seems a pain not to enjoy the flow of hassle
          free aircon only to get a horrid stink coming in your back door....(yeah i know wait for the smutty comments)
          Suppose moving to the side will stop me lady taking out lumps of the field when she takes her own route and
          not the way she was told (she reads these pages so im screwed now)
          Off to the nice breakers in search of some bends it is (thats bends not benders)
          You have to be sooo careful in what you say on here they twist it till it snaps.....

Comment

Why not just get a stainless section made up.It shouldn't cost much either.You don't need the small back box on it so it'll just be a short piece of pipe thats needed
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Mine is redirected to exit in front of the rear tyre. No crap on the tyre or noticeable fumes when driving with the rear window down. Eldest lad is a bit car sick, so he would have chucked up by now if there were fumes being drawn back in.

Comment

Nice.... using your eldest as a fume detector......
                My brother always used to puke or fien sickness just to ride upfront...
                Dad had a bedford CF with sliding doors and we used to fight over who rode upfront with the door open, so he fiend the sick thing to win....

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                  Mine is redirected to exit in front of the rear tyre. No crap on the tyre or noticeable fumes when driving with the rear window down. Eldest lad is a bit car sick, so he would have chucked up by now if there were fumes being drawn back in.
                  They let you breed, OMG.............
                  Working at last.......

Comment

tbh i drive round with the window down alot and tbh after a few days i got used to the smell

Comment

mine comes out ere! still smells and it makes the wheel dirty, it's the shape (aerodynamics or lack of em) that draws the exhaust in with the rear window down, get some gas masks for the dogs or make do with the side windows
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I hacked my exhaust so it exits just under and behind the bumper, wee whiff of fumes now and than but mostly ok.
                        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                        X