X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surf!

I went up to Hull yesterday...

TO BUY MYSELF A SURF!

It's a 2.4 (at least I think it is - the V5 seems to say its a 2.0?!) diesel. I can understand why folks would prefer a 3.0 cos it just runs out of puff slightly when you get up to 80mph (on a private road obviously officer) and it'd be nice to have a bit more oomph around 65-75mph.

Piccies to follow once I get some (other than the ones from the ad I bought it from).

Minor problem - it blew a hose off the radiator while I was on the M1 so I pulled into the rather conveniently placed Tibshelf services and phoned for the breakdown folks to come out & sort it. Could've done it myself but I might as well use the breakdown cover since I've got it!

First impressions are that it's a good vehicle to drive. No obvious problems with steering, no peculiar noises coming from the engine, etc.

Cosmetically it's reasonable enough with the odd scratch here & there but thats no big deal personally. Someone has spent a fortune on big alloy wheels for it and I'm not 100% certain but at a guess it might have been lifted too. Difficult to tell cos I'm not overly familiar with Surfs yet!

The drivers seat has a couple of small tears that need sewing/glueing up but again, no big deal.

Especially given the fact that I picked it up for £775.

I've been keeping an eye on fleabay for them lately and it's a real mixed bag of stuff on there. Some shoite going for inflated money and some bargains. Haven't been quick enough to pick up the bargains (missed out on a nice 3.0 at a grand cos I couldn't get to view it the day before I was going to).

The question is... have I bought a dog or a gem? Only time will tell I suppose....

But overall I think you can describe my current mood as

Glad you found what your'e after, 2.4s re much maligned but had mine over 2 yrs now With no probs!
    Most of all ENJOY!!!!

Alan
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

nowt wrong with a 2.4, I had one for nearly three years and it took me places you couldn't walk !!!
      Last edited by gwh200; 16 August 2009, 19:12.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Glad your pleased with your surf, sounds like a goodun. (That reminds me, I haven't posted pics of mine yet either).
        Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
          Glad your pleased with your surf, sounds like a goodun. (That reminds me, I haven't posted pics of mine yet either).
          Well get on with it then !!!
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Pictures:

Comment

That looks real sweet!
              The wheels look like mitsi pick up alloys!
              Alan
              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Splendid
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Looks ok, are the rear springs a bit tired?
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Excellent bit of shine going on there

Bogus
                    Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post

looks like it has sas
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                        It's possible. With the suspension set on "normal" it bounces around like a pogo stick! It's alright on "hard" though...

Comment

smart looking truck, were did you find that for that sort of money.....

I've been looking for something like that for months.... havent came up with anything near as good condition as tht....

Well done
                          If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Comment

Mousey - just LOTS of hunting around places like fleabay, autotrader, pistonheads, gumtree, various other online freeads.

I missed out on quite a few purely down to not being able to get to them in time!

There are a few reasonable ones on fleabay at the moment depending on whether they're in your area or not...

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                              Mousey - just LOTS of hunting around places like fleabay, autotrader, pistonheads, gumtree, various other online freeads.

I missed out on quite a few purely down to not being able to get to them in time!

There are a few reasonable ones on fleabay at the moment depending on whether they're in your area or not...
                              In fact - item no 170372497024 could be interesting. Auction ending on a Saturday, etc. Could be a bargain to be had if it turns out to be ok. The guy seems to want £700ono... so it'll probably be sold away from fleabay to avoid paying ebay fees!

Also, item 140340003714 - finishing time on Tuesday evening which is a bit of an odd one...

Hope these help!

Comment

Working...
                              X