What do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
    Double cock!! its a single cock and air vent is wot i should have said, what a cock
    Impressed.

Comment

Cheers for the replies peeps, looks like monday is the day for this so will let you know how i get on.
      Neal

Comment

Just changed the rad on my 2.4. When I poured the anti freeze/water mix back in, I just trickled it, and I mean really trickled it in. Patience is the key here to avoid air locks, and I didn't have any air lock probs.

You should be able to tell if your rad is original or not first by the white toyota stamp on the top inner part of the rad, ( looking standing in front of the bonnet) and the shape of the top part. Think the originals are round all the way along, aftermarket ones have a square shape bit in part of the top of the rad, also on my original that I replaced with a new aftermarket one, the drain cock on the original had a small piece of thin hose on the drain cock at the bottom of the rad, the aftermarket one just had the drain cock and no hose, they haven't got a little spout to put one on.

The weight was different too. you really can tell the quality of the toyota ones to the aftermarket ones. I would advise anyone changing a rad to splash out on an original if they can, I can see why the aftermarket ones don't last too long, they are rather flimsy in comparison. I just wish I had the £350.00 odd to spend on an original when I changed my rad, I'm expecting to change it again in a couple of years.
        Born a free spirit

Comment

Originally posted by kampaman View Post
          Just changed the rad on my 2.4. When I poured the anti freeze/water mix back in, I just trickled it, and I mean really trickled it in. Patience is the key here to avoid air locks, and I didn't have any air lock probs.

You should be able to tell if your rad is original or not first by the white toyota stamp on the top inner part of the rad, ( looking standing in front of the bonnet) and the shape of the top part. Think the originals are round all the way along, aftermarket ones have a square shape bit in part of the top of the rad, also on my original that I replaced with a new aftermarket one, the drain cock on the original had a small piece of thin hose on the drain cock at the bottom of the rad, the aftermarket one just had the drain cock and no hose, they haven't got a little spout to put one on.

The weight was different too. you really can tell the quality of the toyota ones to the aftermarket ones. I would advise anyone changing a rad to splash out on an original if they can, I can see why the aftermarket ones don't last too long, they are rather flimsy in comparison. I just wish I had the £350.00 odd to spend on an original when I changed my rad, I'm expecting to change it again in a couple of years.
          sorry unable to read your post i only see the boobs

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            sorry unable to read your post i only see the boobs
            Yes I thought that may be distracting!
            Born a free spirit

Comment

Originally posted by kampaman View Post
              Yes I thought that may be distracting!
              sorry wot did u say?

Comment

Working...