Phew Alternator should be OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phew Alternator should be OK

Recently on starting, the ole Surf has seemed a bit sluggish turning over. But as I put new batteries on four months ago I just put it all in the back of my mind "like you do".
    Got in the truck this morning after a 12 hour night shift and it was just about dead. Managed to flag my mate down in is tiny Fiat Punto to give me a jump start. All the way going home in my mind planning on taking the Alternator off, on the bench trying to get parts etc etc. But before that I thought I would take it back to the auto electrical engineers where I got the batteries from.
    First tested was the near side one the machine said ,good do not change, I thought here we go, next the offside one machine said ,bad change battery.The nice chap also whipped out the plugs and drop tested the said battery it had two cells fissing like a can of lemonade. So new FOC battery fitted near side one on slow charge just in case its a tad tired after helping the other one....Fingers crossed

it cost me 65 quid to recon my Alternator and have water proofed
    its cheaper than ya think realy cost of an Alternator from toyota is 405 quid
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

mine goes flat over a week if i dont use it but thats down to a loss in the wireing (my wireing) somewhere, just cant be arsed traceing it, easier just to stick em on charge now and again, new batterys two years ago btw from toyota
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I do hate to go on , but my new'un came with 2 new batteries
        both are optima deep cycle kiddies with an extra post (well thread fitting and wingnut anyway)
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
          I do hate to go on , but my new'un came with 2 new batteries
          both are optima deep cycle kiddies with an extra post (well thread fitting and wingnut anyway)

The extra post is for attaching to your bollox.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
            The extra post is for attaching to your bollox.
            Can't do that alan.......no room in a mankini
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

That's an image that doesn't bare thinking about

Comment

a gold one at that!
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                X