Raf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raf

Its currently like a War Zone in the skys around my house !

Last night as I was working in the garden those MEGA impresive Apache attack helicopters were flying over my house, shortly after I could hear the weapons being fired in the Wash a few miles from mine 50 cal maybe ?

This morning about 20 Tornadoes from nearby RAF Marham flying over very low in pairs, love to see all this going on, its usually a sign things are going to get hot in one of the War Zones.

I must have the best protected house in the UK What with the RAF and me with my Rifles

Things are unusually quite here at the moment. we had a big exercise finish about 3 weeks ago
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Saying that we just had some Chinnooks go over
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Best protected!!! i'd be more worried about one of em dropping on my house
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
          I must have the best protected house in the UK What with the RAF and me with my Rifles
          I bet Al-Qaeda are quaking in their boots...
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Dont forget there is a recesion on! Could be a fly by sale and they have to show potential buyers the merchandise and what it can do.... LOL

Comment

Havent quite got enough money to buy a Tornado wish I had ! Ian I think what they drop on the targets in the sea are red plastic imatation bombs I've been out Tope fishing on my mates boat and seen some Harriers dropping them, as when we go out to sea we pass the wrecks and target boards, very immpresive I must say

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                I could hear the weapons being fired in the Wash a few miles from mine 50 cal maybe ?
                the apache's main gun under the nose is a 30mm chain gun firing at 10 rounds per second, very scary aircraft indeed, even scarier when one is hovering in a field 100yds away and the nose gun is rotating and following me down the road whilst i'm driving in the artic truck! but it was brand new being tested at westlands factory in Yeovil.
                I was faced with an image something like this, but with the underslung gun pointing at me!!!
                Last edited by mickyd; 7 August 2009, 11:05.

Comment

This me at Donna Nook when testing WAH a couple of years ago.

and in Arizona at the 'hot' trials.

and again in Arizona, with added text

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

as far as firepower is concerned I don't think the apache can be beaten!

Comment

Originally posted by mickyd View Post
                      as far as firepower is concerned I don't think the apache can be beaten!
                      Well, for sheer unadulterated mayhem, the AC-130U "Spooky" gunship will put it in the shade:

1× 25 mm (0.984 in) 5-barrel GAU-12/U Equalizer Gatling gun
                      1× 40 mm L/60 Bofors cannon
                      1× 105 mm (4.13 in) M102 howitzer

All the guns hang out one side of the 'plane; what you do is find your target, and then do a 30 degree (IIRC) bank and circle it whilst unleashing hell.

There are currently plans to upgrade the weapons systems...

For more info, go here.

Last edited by MadcapMagician; 7 August 2009, 12:22.

Comment

Seen that beasty on You Tube, not the thing to get on the wrong side of. Very immpresive.

Comment

Working...
                        X