Planes, trains or auto(surf)mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planes, trains or auto(surf)mobile

Your thoughts please ladies and gentlemen...

My brother is getting married in a Castle in November, on a Thursday.

I live in the middle of Essex and am draggin my wife and 2 children with me.

To drive it will take over 6 hours to get there (360 miles), rough cost estimate of £120 return in fuel.

I know Carlisle airport exists, but haven't found a flight to there from Stansted airport yet (it keeps defaulting to NCL which my wife says is Newcastle...but I think might be something to do with Carlisle)....I'd then have to get a cab 40 mins to the castle....or rather to somewhere cheaper to stay, then a cab on the day, then a cab to the airport later.

I haven't even looked into trains yet......but the lack of wheels when I get up there will be a pain.

..........any thoughts "outside the box".....or inside....appreciated.

1. 360 mile is nothing take the truck.
    2. No fannying about with check in, delays or such crap.
    3. You can't sing out of key like a dafty on the train without people staring and pointing
    Brian

Comment

Having flown out from Newcastle airport dozens of times, I can tell you your wife is right!

NCL = Newcastle

You can get the Metro from the airport to the Central Station in Newcastle and then catch a train to Carlisle. Seems a bit of a fanny on though, I think I'd trust in the Surf if I were you.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Drive it in the Surf...

Airlines are now squeezing every penny of their customers..
        Baggage costs will add to the trip cost..

3 weeks ago BMI baby at boarding (this is after check in) stopped every passenger and insisted on one piece of hand luggage only and it had to be of a certain size or less...if you had more than 1 piece or if it did not fit .. £50.00 and it went into the hold...8 people were caught out

I was carrying lots of kit, at check-in I was charged £315.00 normally it would be about £100 roughly...
        Last edited by Vultch; 26 July 2009, 14:27.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Ok....thanks.

Thinking about it...I should probably take the mondeo estate as that will be more economical....and potentially faster. just duller

Comment

Originally posted by Ava_Banana View Post
            Ok....thanks.

Thinking about it...I should probably take the mondeo estate as that will be more economical....and potentially faster. just duller
            And less comfortable.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Take the surf, the comfy mobile, whether u take the mondeo or not, its not gonna save u that much money is it. Faster, well that all depends how fast u drive, but the faster u drive the more fuel u use.

Comment

Originally posted by Ava_Banana View Post
                Ok....thanks.

fill the surf with veg
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
                X