Custom gauge pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom gauge pods

i have just bought four Autometer gauges and can't decide where to put them. i would like to make it look it as stock as possible, does any one have some ideas or pictures of where they mounted there aftermarket gauges?

...didn't want you to feel like we were ignoring your post.

....but sorry, no....can't help you.

Comment

Mine are in my roof console.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Comment

Nice and stock, Mr 'no-vents'

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Nice and stock, Mr 'no-vents'
            Pah, vents are for girls.

Comment

heated dials nice!

Comment

Particularly like the left one. The 'hows my hidden wiring doing?' gauge

Comment

lol matt have used wood on your dash??? im sure popeye will be along shortly he has done similar,but nicer

Comment

Here's mine. I only wanted a temp gauge but couldn't find anywhere to mount it. Thought about on the a pillar but am putting tweeters there. Considered putting a pod on the drivers door (bit of padded vinyl inside just below side mirror).

Considered placing where Matt has his but I like the centre vents in the summer. (I know I know, big girls blouse )

So decided on top of centre console. Thought it looked a bit lost on its own so added a turbo gauge.

The 2 led things below the stereo are both voltmeters. 1 for the main batts, 1 for the leisure battery.

Rob.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Maybe build something that looks like the inclinometer but has all 4 gauges in ?

Rob.

(Pic shamelessly nicked from Lord Lucan )
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by wishbone; 16 July 2009, 21:09.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                        Here's mine. I only wanted a temp gauge but couldn't find anywhere to mount it. Thought about on the a pillar but am putting tweeters there. Considered putting a pod on the drivers door (bit of padded vinyl inside just below side mirror).

Considered placing where Matt has his but I like the centre vents in the summer. (I know I know, big girls blouse )

So decided on top of centre console. Thought it looked a bit lost on its own so added a turbo gauge.

The 2 led things below the stereo are both voltmeters. 1 for the main batts, 1 for the leisure battery.

Rob.
                        this is exactly what i wanted to do, except add a couple more gauges. what did you make yours out of? I also like where you put your CB, i'm thinking of doing the same thing after i get my gauges installed. i don't want to loose my vents either, it gets way to cold up here to go with no heat.

Comment

Here's mine....
                          http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a41...t=100_1208.flv

Comment

This is nicer though.

Comment

No, that is Damn nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X