URGENT - Bike stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT - Bike stand

I need a means to raise the rear wheel of a motorbike, whilst supporting the bike upright and wheel turning with a rider onboard with enough stabilty so that the rider can operate vest mounted comms equipment etc.

Any ideas? I need to buy this by thursday!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

where abouts in the country are you? i do have a paddock stand that should do but whether i can get it to you before thursday is a different matter

Comment

I just found out that we need to run the bike at speeds up to 100mph (!!!) and possibly riderless.

Now I'm scared!

Comment

i doubt a general paddock stand will suffice for that kind of work. in fact i wouldnt be running any bike up to that sort of speed without a load on the rear wheel. not know anyone with a rolling road?

Comment

Originally posted by T1z3R View Post
          i doubt a general paddock stand will suffice for that kind of work. in fact i wouldnt be running any bike up to that sort of speed without a load on the rear wheel. not know anyone with a rolling road?
          or just put the bike on a conveyorbelt just like that plane in the other thread
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i wouldnt put faith in a stand at those speeds,just imagine the carnage if it comes off!

Comment

Can you take all your toys elsewhere? If you could find a Bike shop with a Dyno locally, it would be set up for this. you will need fans to get some air moving over the bike to stop it cooking and extraction for the exhaust as well...
              Last edited by Chillitt; 14 July 2009, 11:10.
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

We have a rolling road but the minimum wheelbase is too long. It's primarily designed for military vehicles up to ~ 20 tonnes. We cant go elsewhere as we need it to be inside an EMC test chamber. We have exhaust extraction etc.

We are looking at modification of our rollers and tiedown system, but will probably have to slip the job as there's no way we can sort all that before thursday.

Comment

how about them bikes they have outside the sweety shops 20p i do believe plus you have the bike sound to go with it, last time my boy had a go he swore he was doing a ton
                  JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Try these guys they might beable to help or know a man who does...
                    http://www.torquingpower.co.uk
                    Think there is a guy local to malvern who does a trailer mount one but cannot remember his company. They where at malvern showground a year or so ago (big bikes at malvern).
                    Remember arrows are silent.....................
                    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

[QUOTE=Apache;563838]We have a rolling road but the minimum wheelbase is too long. QUOTE]
                      surely you'll only need to get the back wheel in one set of rollers?
                      then with the rear wheel spinning at speed the bike should stay upright enough and the rider can put his feet down for stability.
                      I know nothing about bikes BTW - just an idea from an idiot!!
                      Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

It seems they want the front wheel driven at the same speed...

We have plans afoot to mod our own rollers to suit.

Comment

How about a giant hamster wheel ?

Comment

Found out today its a VFR800 arriving early next week so we can have some mechanical engineers come and build framework / clamping etc so it will sit on our modified rolling road.

Comment

If your bored and like bikes, and as you hail from the malvern area, get your butt down the the swan at
                              hanley swan tonight, bikers night is holding its weekly meet there. If the sun is shining you can expect
                              over 500 bikes to turn up and clog the roads up. Pub usually do bbq's and outside bars for us.
                              Bound to be a vfr800 there you can spy and get some idea of what you need to support it before yours arrives.
                              Of course i shall be wearing a dull black leather 2 piece, not the gay multicoloured all in one romper suits that are the rage in todays fashion eyes.
                              And the last time i had a 'Doctor' near my arse he said i had piles.....

Oh bugger back to work.......................... ....

Comment

Working...
                              X