Suzuki Jimny help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Jimny help

Hello, my wife has recently bought a Suzuki Jimny.We only had it for a week before it had to go into the garage (nothing mechanical but some little darling tried and failed to steal it but managed to incur enough damage to nearly have it written off ).

We have got it back now but unfortunately it seems to be losing coolant and there is mayo on the dipstick. So i'm thinking the cyclinder head has gone, so took it to a garage for a compression test and the guy said it was fine no problems. So not sure what the answer is, the heater has seemed to stop working if that's any help, does anyone have any ideas?

Most likely head gasket failure.
    Probably why it was up for sale in the first place. Did you check the oil condition before purchase?

Comment

compression test wont always show,as vince say head gasket will be gone,if u want to confirm it ask the garage to do a sniffer test,it picks up exaust gas in the coolant

Comment

thanks for the replies, I didcheck the oil when I bought it and it was OK, but I suppose they may have changed the oil just before I bought it. Never mind, just add it to the to-do list

Comment

Working...
        X