Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIN plate (VIN Number)

Ok,

apologies... perhaps I am just being stupid/blind or both... I can find the one that is blatantly obvious... on the firewall, the only other remaining mark I have, is a number stamped into the front panel infront of the radiator (S6525) and nothing else anywhere...

Checked the door jambs, all that is left is the japanese tyre pressure sticker.

Any other pointers for this short sighted surfer...?

best wishes,

andyL

1991 SSR-X LN130W

check on inside of drivers sill inside the vehicle
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Yup,

tried that...

all there is - is the Japanese tyre pressure sticker... some 265/70 15's or something...

andyL

Comment

Had a look thru me piccies and found these...

The first one shows a circled area, ignore it coz thats the fuel filter. However the plate is plane as the nose on your face 2/3rds up the piccy and in the middle horizontaly. Its silver, its rectangular and its missing on yours I reckon

The 2nd pic is just too good not to be shown again

The 3rd is for those who sometimes wonder what I'm smokin

Comment

Agreed on all three counts.

One little problem... that plate right in the middle doesn't have the VIN number, just everything else...

andyL

Comment

oops sorry on that one, do you have the plate though? Jury was out a while back on whether there was a VIN on these Toyotas, after all they give you a Chassis/Frame No. so what other no. could be thrown in there to confuse things. That said I definitely recall a post which said there was another number to be found on the frame itself somewhere behind the front drivers wheel

Comment

There is no VIN number as such. The closest you'll get is the frame number which is on that plate. It should also match the number stamped on the side of the chassis rail - can be seen from the drivers side front footwell area on the side closest to the door. If that makes sense!

Cheers
              Rob

Comment

Japanese cars don't have a VIN number. To buy parts etc you need the model number which is on the plate on the firewall and the chassis number which is stamped onto the side of the chassis under the nearside front wheel arch

Comment

If you really need these numbers for ordering parts from Toyota theres a few round here who'll give you their details on a similar spec'd surf. Anyone with the EPC Toyota parts disks could even look the spec up and give you a genuine frame number from a surf which was an LN130W 4 door (or WGN as they put it i think) 5 speed manual or auto, carbed or diesel and like yours an SSR-X

Cant go wrong

Comment

Thanks to one and all...

I am now less confused than I was before...

I have a 5 disc copy of the EPC program and was trying to narrow my search down a bit... got down to thirty five different VINS ranging from 06847109 through to 06847144... I presume that is the critical part of the alleged VIN number, the rest designating location of build and an incremental number for each vehicle (?) All showing the 2L-TE engine with Auto box, SSRX trim, 4 doors, WGn, etc, etc...Who knows.

Although when you blow up the infomation for the "Vinf" it does show that the VIN/VDS number is the same as the last part of the frame number. In my case "0084503". That must the the most part of the VIN/VDS number then....

Plant Build (A51) VDS (6847109-06847109) and incremental number (0084503) (?)

Or is it too late... and I am just mumbling out loud.

andyL

Comment

When you get to that list of vehicles just pick the first one. They are all identical in terms of build and parts used.
                      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Just like to thank everyone for their help.

best wishes, andyL

Comment

Working...
                        X