Failed MOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed MOT

The beast failed the mot today on what i thought it would fail on but not as much as i thought.
    The rear +3" shocks have had it but i thought all 4 were shot so thats not so bad.
    No fog light on the rear.Got one on the breaker no probs there.
    N/S/f outer track rod knackered and an advisory on the o/s/f outer t/r/end so i'll do both any way.Got those on the breaker.
    Side lights wrong colour and 1 blown.Got white spares here so not bothered .
    I got 4 advisories.
    front brake pads getting low.
    as stated o/s/f track rod end
    power sterring box leeking.Just swap with a breaker
    n/s steering pivot point has slight play

I know a few will say why not do the parts that i knew about before the mot but as i cant keep getting under the truck as much as i would like i said to the tester i know a few failures but to save keep getting under then i'll pre mot it then do everything at once.
    So not as bad as i thought it was going to be.I'm going to put a couple of +2" shocks from Wolf's old truck onto mine for the re-test till my compo comes through then i'll buy some +4's to go on.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Not to bad then....
    Get it sorted...

I will get your other thing sorted too mate asap been a bit manic here...
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
      Not to bad then....
      Get it sorted...

I will get your other thing sorted too mate asap been a bit manic here...
      gonna be starting on it tomorrow

Comment

hmmm so u have spare green panels?can u check paint code for me?751?

Comment

all i can see under the color on the vin plate is 27X or something

Comment

You'll have enough stuff to build another truck soon Andy!

MOT's always a bum clencher Rich, i've been lucky so far (or what i should say is that " a proper mantainance program ensures a trouble free MOT" (but that would be b0ll0ks)
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              all i can see under the color on the vin plate is 27X or something
              bugger
              Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              You'll have enough stuff to build another truck soon Andy!

MOT's always a bum clencher Rich, i've been lucky so far (or what i should say is that " a proper mantainance program ensures a trouble free MOT" (but that would be b0ll0ks)
              and yep prob ian lol

Comment

The beast failed the mot today on what i thought it would fail on but not as much as i thought.
                The rear +3" shocks have had it but i thought all 4 were shot so thats not so bad.
                No fog light on the rear.Got one on the breaker no probs there.
                N/S/f outer track rod knackered and an advisory on the o/s/f outer t/r/end so i'll do both any way.Got those on the breaker.
                Side lights wrong colour and 1 blown.Got white spares here so not bothered .
                I got 4 advisories.
                front brake pads getting low.
                as stated o/s/f track rod end
                power sterring box leeking.Just swap with a breaker
                n/s steering pivot point has slight play

I know a few will say why not do the parts that i knew about before the mot but as i cant keep getting under the truck as much as i would like i said to the tester i know a few failures but to save keep getting under then i'll pre mot it then do everything at once.
                So not as bad as i thought it was going to be.I'm going to put a couple of +2" shocks from Wolf's old truck onto mine for the re-test till my compo comes through then i'll buy some +4's to go on.
                not to bad i have too MOT mine in a couple of weeks so i might be on to you for bits so i am going to start looking at mine on friday and fix the obvious things
                cheers shaun
                NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Where is the best place to get the +4 shocks from??

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                    Where is the best place to get the +4 shocks from??
                    i'm not to sure at the mo as i need to find some for myself soon aswell but if anyone does know let us know please
                    maybe supertrux do them

Comment

i'm not to sure at the mo as i need to find some for myself soon aswell but if anyone does know let us know please
                      maybe supertrux do them

I was quoted the same price for +4" procomps as standard procomps
                      from LA Supertrux, (same price as Roughtrax, only they dont do +4's only +2"
                      cant remember the exact price but aroung £38 a shock, (weak pound!!!)
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                      X