Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Help?

Hey,

Just been given a cb radio and antenna, can any one tell me if its any good to use for off roading in the truck or not.

Dont no nothing about cb radios and i know a few of you on here do so, ive attched a couple of pictures of the radio (sorry for the quality)

I belive its a 40 channel but i dont know, my freind says it does work, but i havent had the chance yet to test it. Any ways looks ancient, he sed it came out of a lorry? :S

pics

So, firstly is it going to be any good? if so would i need out else to wire in it.
    Secondly is it easy buying a newer one?

Regards
    James
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Yep, looks OK...standard 40 channel 1980's CB (I have a Jesan 1004 model).

Although more modern CBs are going 80 channel I believe, but you would be able to talk to people anyway.

Ariel is a springer on a mag mount.

....you might need an SWR meter (to correct the Standard Wave Ratio, so that the ariel could be tuned perfectly), however if it is a more recent springer, I understand they don't need to be SWR'ed.

Google SWR meter, and installing a CB.

To get a new one will cost around £60 upwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Ava_Banana View Post
      Yep, looks OK...standard 40 channel 1980's CB (I have a Jesan 1004 model).

Although more modern CBs are going 80 channel I believe, but you would be able to talk to people anyway.

Ariel is a springer on a mag mount.

....you might need an SWR meter (to correct the Standard Wave Ratio, so that the ariel could be tuned perfectly), however if it is a more recent springer, I understand they don't need to be SWR'ed.

Google SWR meter, and installing a CB.

To get a new one will cost around £60 upwards.
      <pedant> StandING wave </pedant>
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        <pedant> StandING wave </pedant>
        haha.....it was something I dragged out of my memory from 20 years ago.....

Comment

Working...
        X