yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long time no see, been sorting my summer toy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time no see, been sorting my summer toy!!

Hey guys!

not been here for months, hope i've not missed anything!

been sorting out my summer toy, getting it finished, going through SVA, and now trying to get it registered with the DVLA. This has been 8 years in the making (off and on obviously). The only thing is there's loads more still to do, like fit my new ported head with rally cam etc!!

anyway, he's my Pinto powered Tiger Supercat:

and the first day i drove it, an 80 mile round trip to the SVA test, to get my little bit of paper!

Just trying to raise my postcount!

very nice indeed.

Something that's been on my 'to do' list for a while. How does it compare cost and build-wise to other '8' replicas such as Westfield and Caterham?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

7 replica's!

well its a dam site cheaper. its probably cost me about £7k all in, can be done for alot more, or alot less if you want.

compared to caterhams and westfields the build quality probably isnt so good, and you have to get the welder out occasionally to doctor some bits, but you can basically do whatever you want with it engine-wise. there's guys with 260bhp turbo'd R1 bike engines, rover V8's, or even 2 bike engines in some cases. but then you're talking big money (like £15k!).

once i've got my new head on it should be around 160bhp, which doesnt sound like much, but weighing 560kg, means a healthy power to weight ratio, and thats what matters!

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts View Post
        7 replica's!
        Duh! I had Aero 8's in my head from another thread

I'm sure approx 300BHP per tonne is plenty where your bum is only 4" off the ground

Comment

I reckon after 5 mins of driving one my bum'd be a sight more than 4" off the ground !!!!!!

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

nice mate, what engine is it running 2 litre? is it on twin 45's?

Comment

yeah, 'tis a 2.0 litre. I did have it on webber 45's initially, but they're very big and hard to tune and more importantly keep in tune. so instead i have gone for motorbike carbs. much more compact, much easier to set up, and one hell of alot cheaper!!

i need to rolling road it, but it'll confuse someone. 1987 ford sierra engine, with motorbike carbs and a 3d mappable timing system!

Comment

lookin good

Comment

if you were down this end of the country I know a place that no car has confused yet, they balance multiple webers up by ear, I thought they were joking until they proved their worth with a set of balance gauges!! and they say that the balance only goes out because noone bothers to put a throttle stop under the pedal, but bike carbs do the job fine and sound just as nice as webers, nice looking car.

Comment

were you feeling shy or worried you'd fall off?... what's the helmet about??
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

See the lack of windscreen.... Bees really hurt at 70mph!

Comment

Working...
                      X