Nerve Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerve Block

Has anyone had one of these done before.I had one done to the femerol nerve in my right leg yesterday and god it feels weird.It feels like the leg has gone to sleep but only down one side.I can't drive at the moment but hopefully all the feeling will be back tomorrow so i can collect another truck from Hampshire at the weekend
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

good luck..... shud be back to normal later 2night probably.... I have had them years ago and they do feel weird lol
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

once this one has worked then they are going to work on the leg sciatic nerve to try and make things better even more for me so its gonna take several weeks but hopefully things will be better than they are now

Comment

not had one but helped put a few in hopefully it will give you some much needed relief richard.
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

well 2 days on and all the numbness has just about gone and the pain from the femerol nerve has just about gone.Fingers crossed it will last a while.
          I have felt the pain more now from the back and side of the hip/leg from the sciatic,but the pain clinic will start to sort that one in a few weeks time.
          I have cut my pain killers dosage in half at the moment and it feels great.This is the best i've felt in 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            well 2 days on and all the numbness has just about gone and the pain from the femerol nerve has just about gone.Fingers crossed it will last a while.
            I have felt the pain more now from the back and side of the hip/leg from the sciatic,but the pain clinic will start to sort that one in a few weeks time.
            I have cut my pain killers dosage in half at the moment and it feels great.This is the best i've felt in 4 years.
            That's good news Richard, fingers crossed the clinic will sort hip/leg pain soon.

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

good to hear the shots are working Richard - were these cortisone injections?

I have had them in both sacraloillic joints (after they did wrong side first time...)
              and facet joints in lower spine, to try and relieve sciatica, neither have worked,
              the last was 3-4 years ago

hope you continue to have less pain
              Landcruiser Colorado
              Sub. Forester

Comment

good luck with the leg
                The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by andycook View Post
                  good to hear the shots are working Richard - were these cortisone injections?

I have had them in both sacraloillic joints (after they did wrong side first time...)
                  and facet joints in lower spine, to try and relieve sciatica, neither have worked,
                  the last was 3-4 years ago

hope you continue to have less pain
                  CHEERS GUYS

Not sure what they did do exactly apart from give a jab of numbing agent and then used an electrode thing to stimulate the femerol nerve and then injected around the nerve to see if the pain is relieved.I gotta ring them back in 7-10 days and let them know how things have worked out and then go from there.If it last a few days then i will be thankfull.Its just so good not to actually feel both lots of pain.

Comment

they normally use an epdural type injection either in to the facet or the nerve, it works by tricking the pain receptor and breaking the pain loop. I refer people for these when manipulation is not an option of if there is a disc bulg and the nerve needs to be calmed down. Glad yours has worked mate some people need a couple of shots
                    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
                      they normally use an epdural type injection either in to the facet or the nerve, it works by tricking the pain receptor and breaking the pain loop. I refer people for these when manipulation is not an option of if there is a disc bulg and the nerve needs to be calmed down. Glad yours has worked mate some people need a couple of shots
                      Hopefully i won't need no more to the Femerol nerve and they can move on to the next one.
                      What a difference it made to driving to Hampshire last night.No pain at all from it and it was great

Comment

Working...
                      X