Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hilux surf 4runner??

hey,
    im from australia and have been looking into a 1998 hilux surf 4 cyl import(says the add).
    however i believe that the advertisement is a bit wrong.
    the car is a 2 dr 4 seater 4wd.
    and the only pictures that i have seen that are anywhere similar to the car that is advertised is that of the 1989 hilux surf 4runner.a 2.4 litre ssr ltd.
    i was wondering if mabey the add was by chance correct and that there was a model like it or similar to the advertisement but indeed a 1998.
    if anyone could please shed some light on this matter. also if the car is indeed a 1989 ssr ltd does any have any knowledge or info on them. any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Originally posted by nickmac View Post
    hey,
    im from australia and have been looking into a 1998 hilux surf 4 cyl import(says the add).
    however i believe that the advertisement is a bit wrong.
    the car is a 2 dr 4 seater 4wd.
    and the only pictures that i have seen that are anywhere similar to the car that is advertised is that of the 1989 hilux surf 4runner.a 2.4 litre ssr ltd.
    i was wondering if mabey the add was by chance correct and that there was a model like it or similar to the advertisement but indeed a 1998.
    if anyone could please shed some light on this matter. also if the car is indeed a 1989 ssr ltd does any have any knowledge or info on them. any help with this would be very much appreciated.
    1998 sounds like the year of import, rather than the model year or year of manufacture.

We see it all the time on advertisments over here.

Ask for the model year....or year of manufacture.

Or post a pic or a link here and we will give our opinions (good or bad)

Comment

I agree that 1998 does sound like the year of import, the cars are exported from Japan before they are hit with the 10 year hardline MOT there.

By the way welcome to the forum, make yourself at home and feel free to join in the banter

Apologies for Bio, don't get downwind of him !

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Post up a link and I'll tell you what it is.

Nev

Comment

If it's this one then it's late 80s at the best and a petrol. Way overpriced as well. You could get a later model diesel for that much.

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automo...kToResult=true

Nev
          Last edited by NiftyNev; 30 June 2009, 12:47.

Comment

hmmmmm a first gen
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

cheers nev

hey nev, thats the exact one.
              went and had a look at it. its badged a 1998..?? must be the year of import tho.
              took it for a drive and it lacked sum serious power. i dnt think the 2.4 ltre could handle all the weight and big tyres, also the brakes were seriously spongey.also saw on a website that its valued at 4,500 at most.so i think ill pass on that one. ive got another question now?
              ive heard alot of talk about the 2.4litre hilux surf's having cooling problems and the heads often needed replacement or need to be reconfig'd.is this true?

Comment

The hilux in that add was petrol not a 2.4 TD.

Originally posted by nickmac View Post
                hey nev, thats the exact one.
                went and had a look at it. its badged a 1998..?? must be the year of import tho.
                took it for a drive and it lacked sum serious power. i dnt think the 2.4 ltre could handle all the weight and big tyres, also the brakes were seriously spongey.also saw on a website that its valued at 4,500 at most.so i think ill pass on that one. ive got another question now?
                ive heard alot of talk about the 2.4litre hilux surf's having cooling problems and the heads often needed replacement or need to be reconfig'd.is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by Frozenocean View Post
                  The hilux in that add was petrol not a 2.4 TD.
                  Yup, probably a 2 litre four banger.

Comment

Working...
                  X