Ever had...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever had...

..one of those jobs where you wonder to yourself why on earth you took it on? Shot myself in the foot big style when I quoted on how long it was likely to take too. Bl00dy optimism. It's the last time I try using that again.

I have those days all the time, just means i have to work twice as hard to get it done.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
      I have those days all the time, just means i have to work twice as hard to get it done.
      Buggered myself big style with this one when I estimated how long it would take. Fifteen hours or so maximum I thought. Yeah, right. You'd think one would learn after so long not to do that optimistic estimation, wouldn't you. A week later, working on it on and off, and it's still only half way or so.

Comment

Done that a few times plumbing, one never learns, i was too much of a nice guy to make money working for myself,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          Done that a few times plumbing, one never learns, i was too much of a nice guy to make money working for myself,
          I know what you mean. Generally I let the wench do any pricing up. She's a lot more 'money gathering orientated' than I. This time I did it, however. As you can probably guess.

Comment

What is it that you do? and what have you started that is taking too long?
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
              Ye matt, what do you do, & to get it wrong by that much is what is known as a total fcuk up.

Comment

Im the same "kitchen fitter", Mr nice guy, work my ass off for naff all.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                  Ye matt, what do you do, & to get it wrong by that much is what is known as a total fcuk up.
                  I'll just get called a geek|nerd again if I admit to what I'm doing.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                    I'll just get called a geek|nerd again if I admit to what I'm doing.
                    Hmmmm - maybe.....mind you, can't be as bad as what I do.
                    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Do tell.

Comment

I used to clear $hit, like dynorod, seen enough pooh to last me a lifetime, only got covered once tho, at the Military police place in chichester, unbolted an access plate and it shot off emptying the contents of all the bogs on the next floor up all over me, i was perched on the karzi partion wall and just had to sit there till it finished, if i'd have jumped i'd prob have broken me leg on the pan below me, what a state!! luckly a kind squaddie lent me some soap and a towel and i had a shower, clean overalls in the van and sod all else on, it went through all my clothing, turds & paper in my hair, only been on the job three weeks to, managed to last another nine years at it, ended up caught between the devil and the VAT
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                          Do tell.
                          Little clue.on saturdays he's called sharon.....

I used to clear $hit, like dynorod, seen enough pooh to last me a lifetime, only got covered once tho, at the Military police place in chichester, unbolted an access plate and it shot off emptying the contents of all the bogs on the next floor up all over me, i was perched on the karzi partion wall and just had to sit there till it finished, if i'd have jumped i'd prob have broken me leg on the pan below me, what a state!! luckly a kind squaddie lent me some soap and a towel and i had a shower, clean overalls in the van and sod all else on, it went through all my clothing, turds & paper in my hair, only been on the job three weeks to, managed to last another nine years at it, ended up caught between the devil and the VAT
                          Bah..amateur.everyday occurence for me ian.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Come to think of it, where's Sharon today? Is he getting his legs waxed?
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              Come to think of it, where's Sharon today? Is he getting his legs waxed?

Bit more radical........not so much a brazillian, more a mexican wave !!
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X