not a bad day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not a bad day

been a busy boy today, had the surf in bits, have done both left and right complete steering arms, steering idler, and front discs and pads, bit of a pain breaking the ball joints but aint they always, other than that I've enjoyed myself just gotta fit my new engine watchdog temperature guage now then all ready for me hol down to cornwall.

Well done, front pads are summat i need to do, i found the ball joints quite easy (top ones anyhow) to seperate when i did the lift, i had a bit of steel box jammed under the top wishbone and then gave the controll arm (swivel) a good clout with an ammer, suspect the lower one would'nt be so easy tho
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I had my Dads help breaking the ball joints I put tension on them with a large prybar whilst he gave em a good clout with an FBH, got the inner steering track rods ends from milners with the grease nipple one them but couldn't fit the grease nipple as they foul the bodywork, strange, but i just put some screws in the holes to blank them off.

Comment

I think some grease nipples are ment to be removed after greaseing and plugs refitted, i aggree strange, left the nipples in where i could,

FBH (f##king big hammer)
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

no tool kit is complete without an FBH

Comment

Working...
          X