Truck made it :-) Autobox question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck made it :-) Autobox question

Hi Folks just got back from a few weeks in Wales and Shropshire. I am thinking of moving south, really!!!

Delighted with my old 2.4 I am! 2450 kms round trip to Presteigne seating two adults, two teenagers, one five year old, one baby and two dogs :-) a fully loaded roof rack! A little bit of towing, two green lanes and not once did I drive with fuel economy in mind.

2450 kms = 1522 miles Fuel light to Fuel light on
    278l = 24.89 mpg. I think that's right? no doubt I got it wrong and I only managed 5MPG

Not a drop of coolant used and since fitting the bonnet vents and intercooler the temp under the bonnet was always nice and low.

My first real muddy green welsh lane. Great fun!!! If I was doing this as a regular thing I reckon I would need bigger tyres though, the tracks were well rutted and I was dragging the diff at points. only had one thing but I am sure it is me and not the truck. I wanted to crawl along one slippy section in second gear low ratio. Is it possible to do this without the box jumping back to first and requiring some revs to get back into second! I guess I am not 100% sorted with the auto box off road but I would not change it Any advice would be very welcome!!!

Anyway back to the grind I guess I need a holiday
    Attached Files

Very good but please say you did NOT go alone

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I did think about going alone but bottled it. I went with my brother in law who has a Landy 110. He went and fitted a 2 inch suspension lift cause he new I was coming down. He was taller than me

Comment

Good man

We've had a few who have had to fork out for tows etc, they are always good IOTY candidates

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by That Ruddy Squirrel View Post
          Good man

We've had a few who have had to fork out for tows etc, they are always good IOTY candidates

Trev
          Oi - I resemble that remark!

Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Working...
          X