KZN 185/3rd gen Roof bars/rack-SOLVED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KZN 185/3rd gen Roof bars/rack-SOLVED

After trying to get some roof bars to fit the 3rd gen t track factory rails I have now got them fitted.

Thule items as follows

Thule 3033 kit £25.00. Ditch the fixings in the bag but get some 6mm Zeb spring fixings (short spring) from Newey and Eyre (electrical wholesalers-Nationwide) and some 35-40mm stainless steel allen key head bolts, spring washers and plain washers from a fixings supplier-Normal 6mm bolts will do- I had to cut down the 40mm bolts a touch

Thule 753 XT rapid fit foot pack £42.00 off flebay. These fix onto the 3033 kit but don't nip up the allen bolts just yet. (The short ones with the 753 kit)

Thule 760 (108mm)£27.00 Halfords-(Paid 25, I said they were cheaper on net and pricematched) roof bars in black. Need to take off one of the feet first and slide the bar on to fit. Then tighten allen bolts on 753 to 6NM.

Pics below £95.00 in total. Cheaper than the £135 roughtrax want plus postage.

Solid and looks great
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kevinturner100; 19 June 2009, 07:47.

Hurrah.....

..I know there are a few suggestions on here regarding the 4700, 4710,4715 way of doing it too...however I am getting the runaround from a couple of online sellers who are telling me that I want the Hilux Surf "kit" which I know will be gutter or doortop fitting.

Thanks for this..........It is certainly an alternative.

Comment

I tried the 4710, it wont fit, kept slipping off the t track. The surf "official" set up from thule is the 750 foot pack
      761 bars and another kit which clamps on the top of the door. Bought it and tried it and it looked pance

Comment

Working...
      X