• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some legal advice from a british policeman

FYI - something to be noted

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89777
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Stoop to those tricks and you become no better than those you gripe against.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      Stoop to those tricks and you become no better than those you gripe against.
      you have misread the point.
      the point is, if you are innocent and try to explain then it seems to get you into more trouble whereas if you are innocent and act like the guilty it goes in your favour. it also says that you shouldnt be in those situations anyway. but you could be blamed for something you didnt do..

did you see the news recently where a man has been freed from prison after 8 years. they now have found him innocent.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Just a quick point in response to the comment you made about the guy jailed for 8 yrs then released. That was hardly a miscarriage of justice, seeing as the dopey numpty went about telling everyone he had helped in murdering a paedophile. From my understanding of the news item, it is alleged that he suffers from a condition that compells him to crave attention, he certainly got the attention of the police and the courts. But its ok, he didnt do it, he just said he did it. If you want an opinion, he should be re arrested for wasting police time. Because whilst he was inside for 8 years, the real killer was on the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          you have misread the point.
          I didn't. I understood what you were referring to. I was merely expressing my opinion regarding the content. One shouldn't sacrifice ones values to fit in with a broken system. One should instead uphold ones values and make that system work the way intended.

Comment

I didn't. I understood what you were referring to. I was merely expressing my opinion regarding the content. One shouldn't sacrifice ones values to fit in with a broken system. One should instead uphold ones values and make that system work the way intended.
            what i like to call principles

Comment

I'm with Matt on this one..

Dieselboy.. I think its a valid point you made up but i hate the attitude of you have to kick off sh!t before anyone will listen!!

I've dealt with several companys who lost my orders etc and in one case it was two weeks of "Yes sir, It will be with you tomorrow sir" .. finally kick off an it actually turns up!!

The police are supposed to be there to protect the innocent!! If by confessing the truth an they go ahead an bang you up for no reason then its insane an the system needs looking at!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

Dieselboy.. I think its a valid point you made up but i hate the attitude of you have to kick off sh!t before anyone will listen!!

I've dealt with several companys who lost my orders etc and in one case it was two weeks of "Yes sir, It will be with you tomorrow sir" .. finally kick off an it actually turns up!!

The police are supposed to be there to protect the innocent!! If by confessing the truth an they go ahead an bang you up for no reason then its insane an the system needs looking at!!

Actually the police are employed uphold the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Pob View Post
                  By protecting the innocent they are doing just that.

Comment

That's just splitting hairs...
                    By protecting the innocent they are doing just that.
                    Exactly!! Thank you!

Comment

Just a quick point in response to the comment you made about the guy jailed for 8 yrs then released. That was hardly a miscarriage of justice, seeing as the dopey numpty went about telling everyone he had helped in murdering a paedophile. From my understanding of the news item, it is alleged that he suffers from a condition that compells him to crave attention, he certainly got the attention of the police and the courts. But its ok, he didnt do it, he just said he did it. If you want an opinion, he should be re arrested for wasting police time. Because whilst he was inside for 8 years, the real killer was on the streets.
                      its obvious i never paid attention in that greater detail to this instance, i was just using as an example
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

That's just splitting hairs...

Exactly!! Thank you!
                        Sorry I was not trying to be pedantic, the expression " to protect the innocent" has come over from the USA via movies etc. In the UK, the Police uphold the rule of law, I tell you this as an ex police officer.
                        I will comment no more on this matter as it seems that it will probably only inflame the matter further.

Comment

its the way it works. when my truck got crashed last year it took 6 weeks of me being nice until my senior colleague (who is a well paid ccie earning amounts of which i wont even say) repeatedly told me to call their insurance company and tell them i was doing this n that which was getting a rental car, and billing them, and i told them i had incurred 6 weeks of travel expenses as i had no car, and most of this was taxis for which i had receipts. i also followed this up with an email and a written signed letter and within 5 days i had a cheque on my doorstep for more money than i actually bought the truck for a year and a half previous.

MattF its not asking you to sacrifice your values, its enlightening you on how the system works, and how the people with power think and act according to what is done. its providing advice from the other side of the coin on what not to do and it gives an example of how "respectible people" like you would normally act when placed in a situation like that, and how whilst you would be shouting your innocence or other acts, that this may work against you and not for you.
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Sorry I was not trying to be pedantic, the expression " to protect the innocent" has come over from the USA via movies etc.
                            You are referring to the phrase 'To protect and serve'.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                              MattF its not asking you to sacrifice your values
                              It is suggesting that people act like scrotes to get lenient treatment, whether they're innocent or not. It's no more than a conveniently disguised 'scrotes guide to getting away with anything' list. Take, for example, this snippet:

Claiming to be thinking about topping yourself has several benefits. If you can keep it up, it might just bump up any compensation payable later.
                              Is that a moralistic piece of advice? Not by by standards it isn't, regardless of whether you're innocent or guilty as sin.
                              Last edited by MattF; 17 June 2009, 20:08.

Comment

Working...
                              X