Hello from Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Canada

Hello everyone, I have used this great site quite a bit over the past few months before buying my Surf and now that I have my truck I thought I would sign up and say hello.

So anyways I just got my Surf last week after importing it from Japan, A 1994 SSRX 40,000 kms ect ect. I must say im quite in love already. I was pretty skeptical buying a right hand drive car unseen online from the other side of the world. But my expectations have been more then exceeded and i hardly even notice the whole steering wheel on the wrong side thing anymore lol

I took her off road today and got her real dirty. Now i really want some lockers.

One question I do have is, Can you drive with ECT all the time or when off roading?? I kinda prefer the way it shifts with it on.

Oh and my oil pressure gauge wonders on the low side, The oil and temps are fine so I thought it might just be the sending unit?

Thanks for everything

Hello and welcome. Beutifull country your from I have been there many times.
    My oil pressure wanders on the low side too has done for four years. Drop the oil out and put some quality oil in. As for the ect can't see why not it's only a sport mode for the gearbox.
    Now go get it lifted.
    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Hi, welcome.
      I have wheeled quite a bit in Nova Scotia, You guys are mad!
      Don't break it straight away.
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Just some pics,

Ill figure out how to post them another day :P

http://img198.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dscn0876k.jpg

Comment

Welcome, Sounds like your enjoying it, nice looking truck, ECT is ok to use all the time as long as you can afford the extra juice it'll use, just dont use it in 4x4 on hard surfaces assumeing it is the 2nd gen drive train, or you'll lock up the front diff, It's wierd is it not! we all look for a nice looking stock truck to buy then set about altering it, hi lifts, big tyres etc etc then it looks just like all the other altered trucks!
          my oil press drops to around 20-30 psi when it's hot and idleing, no worries, just give it a through serviceing soon as,
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Hi and welcome,
            www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Hi n Welcome We gotta have pics ASAP ....

There's always a Payback ....Don't know where n don't know when tho !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Comment

Hi there. Welcome to the forum.

Just a word of warning, if that's smoke billowing from the back end in this picture you could be in trouble, mate.

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                    Hi there. Welcome to the forum.

Just a word of warning, if that's smoke billowing from the back end in this picture you could be in trouble, mate.

Thats smoke billowing off my new goodyear MTR's with kevlar :P

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyWHlY6ZTfI

I was in the Cherokee with the spare on the roof,
                      Great weekend, All Canadians are loonies off road.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozenocean View Post
                        Thats smoke billowing off my new goodyear MTR's with kevlar :P
                        Excellent, looks like you have a working LSD too!

Hi by the way, welcome on board, enjoy your stay.

Haven't I seen that name on Yotatech?

Comment

Welcome! you'll quickly find out that this site is vital when owning a surf in Canada. i also imported mine from japan, i got mine about a year ago. i must warn you to keep an eye on your temp gauge all the time. i cracked my head about 4 months ago, and i just got my surf running two weeks ago. i spent over 5 grand on getting it running again. the reason being, is that no body wants to work on jdm cars unless they are familiar with them, and even if they are it cost a fortune and takes a forever to get parts. so if you find anywhere to get parts keep me informed, but other than that there awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by wpg_kzn130 View Post
                            Welcome! you'll quickly find out that this site is vital when owning a surf in Canada. i also imported mine from japan, i got mine about a year ago. i must warn you to keep an eye on your temp gauge all the time. i cracked my head about 4 months ago, and i just got my surf running two weeks ago. i spent over 5 grand on getting it running again. the reason being, is that no body wants to work on jdm cars unless they are familiar with them, and even if they are it cost a fortune and takes a forever to get parts. so if you find anywhere to get parts keep me informed, but other than that there awesome.

Hey Bro, a few questions I have. How many KM's did you surf have when you got it? Did you do a coolant flush when you got it? What were you doing when the head cracked?

Sorry to hear about your luck, I hope the truck treats you well now. Mustang connection in Armstrong BC is a good JDM parts source (From what I hear anyways)

Comment

Hey Bush,

I have used this name for many years, But I havnt had a chance to check out Yota tech until just now. Thanks for pointing it out

Comment

Working...
                              X