Sad time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad time

Hi all, been too long since I have seen the Northern posse, and now the surf has got to go for something cheaper to run.
    As it has to go I need a ball park figure to advertise it and I aint got a clue but hope will get some true guidence on here.
    its a 98 'S' reg with no rust but a scabby respray job that was supposed to be just colour coding the bumpers, but my (ex) mate decided to try a pearl highlight effect over the whole car which he bodged. Its done 157k on a 3l auto and isnt in showroom condition anymore. Dealer has offered me a grand in part ex, so wondering if that seems a fair price?

Cheers guys in advance

If it smells like fish, eat it!

Hiya Fish.
    If the truck mechs is all in good order then i would think you should be able to get a bit more than that for it.As its only the paintwork thats shabby then you should be able to get more for it than that.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

A sad day. Sorry to see it going Kev we had some good times off roading and up at the lakes I hope everything gets sorted and your back on here soon `cos I know how much you loved the truck. Keep in touch you know where i love and the door is always open to you met.

chris
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by ohsupremebeing View Post
        A sad day. Sorry to see it going Kev we had some good times off roading and up at the lakes I hope everything gets sorted and your back on here soon `cos I know how much you loved the truck. Keep in touch you know where i love and the door is always open to you met.

chris
        Without doubt the best vehicle I have ever owned but economics is playing a firm hand, at least it will be a toyota D4D that is going to be my new transport to and from the office, (to be honest, all I drive now adays is work and back) so come the day I can justify another smurf, or even a LC then watch this space, lol

PS cheers for the reply storm, haggling with the dealer this morning has improved his offer so feeling a little better about it

Kev

Comment

Bit of an odd one but if you do trade it in why not post on here which dealer it was. If someone in your area is after a Surf they could probably approach the dealer (sneakily not being obvious that they know they've just taken a second hand surf) and get it cheap (they often sell the trade ins at considerably less than they paid for them)

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
            Bit of an odd one but if you do trade it in why not post on here which dealer it was. If someone in your area is after a Surf they could probably approach the dealer (sneakily not being obvious that they know they've just taken a second hand surf) and get it cheap (they often sell the trade ins at considerably less than they paid for them)
            Good thinking Bio, the trade in is at Greenacre Honda in Blackburn. The Reg doc's came back today and I will be dropping them off at the dealers at 4pm ish today the 14th, July, so it should be available from that time.
            Quick brief of the motor, lifted 2" body, all suspension struts and springs changed for new 12 months ago, + rear 20% uprated springs (that lift the rear even more), stainless exhaust, absolutely nothing wrong with the engine, trade in was only to get cheaper motoring. Good luck to whover buys it as they will get a gem of a motor but with a tatty paint job.
            Not perfect inside either as it has done 160k miles but the motor still pulls away from the light like it should.
            New motor is half the insurance, £35 RFL and over 60 to the gal but as boring as hell, and feels like my ass is on the ground lol.

Comment

Sorry to hear ya reduced to mere skateboard for now but know doubt it won't be for long, I'm sure ...
              Good Luck

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n don't know when tho !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
              X