No announcement yet.

caravan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh yeah... AL-KO stabiliser hitches are pretty good!... they have come with a security lock and hold the van pretty steady on the towball...

small trailers and caravans are usually horrid to tow, banging around and swaying, but this clamps some fricton pads onto your towball holding it steady!... only really feel any movement when a van goes past at 90mph!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
      oh yeah... AL-KO stabiliser hitches are pretty good!... they have come with a security lock and hold the van pretty steady on the towball...

small trailers and caravans are usually horrid to tow, banging around and swaying, but this clamps some fricton pads onto your towball holding it steady!... only really feel any movement when a van goes past at 90mph!
      and most peple dont check those pads for wear,when they wear out,off it comes at any speed,picked up countless caravans with same prob

Comment

Really?... it fits like a regular hitch, just has the extra pads that clamp either side...

even without them tight, it won't come off!

Comment

Really?... it fits like a regular hitch, just has the extra pads that clamp either side...

even without them tight, it won't come off!
          trust me

Comment

Why is it that when ever someone says "trust me", you do the opposite?

Comment

As I understand it Alko hitches MUST be used with the appropriate ball - it has an extended machined neck to allow correct stabiliser articulation. If they're used with a standard ball there's a risk that the van will detach under certain conditions.

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I'd imagine the friction pad wear the ball, so it's not secure...

the coupling has 2 indicators that show that it's coupled correctly and ball wear...

the towball's supplied with the kit, it's slightly extended as the stabilizer hitch is a tad bigger than std ones...

Comment

I'd imagine the friction pad wear the ball, so it's not secure...

the coupling has 2 indicators that show that it's coupled correctly and ball wear...

the towball's supplied with the kit, it's slightly extended as the stabilizer hitch is a tad bigger than std ones...
                  yep then indicator sticks,u dont know its not hooked up right,bye bye caravan

Comment

mmm it seems you have all you need now .

http://www.whenshtf.com/showthread.php?t=8419

long read but interesting.
                    john
                    i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

We also lived permanently in our caravan for over 2 years and that was in the West Midlands. Really enjoyed the freedom and a lot less bills. As I was made redundant last October due to the company going bust, I am still looking for work, but we are now considering moving back into the caravan as paying for electric, gas, water and telephone never mind rent and council tax is getting to be a bit of a killer as it is only my wife's weekly income which is just of £200 per week that is keeping us going and of that she has to spend at least £30 to get to work and back. Job hunting etc costs me another £10-£15 for diesel as the price keeps going up. A pitch including electric & water would set us back about £300 per month all in. The caravan has its own shower, toilet, kitchen and a proper double bed. The awning area serves as an extra very large room.

Comment

anyone know if i can get an axle re-furb kit?...

wanna replace suspension rubbers etc. etc... it's an AL-KO 1990's... that's all i know!...

anyone find an exploded diagram of one??...

all the AL-KO websites say is take it to a service centre!!
                        I'm trying to do exactly the same but can't find how anywhere, If you find an answer let me know
                        Darren

Comment

Originally posted by fergus View Post
                          having enjoyed a nice sunny wek in Wales we are considering getting a tourer caravan. just been trawelling e-bay and noticed a ncie one with a surf inthe corner of one of the photos. anyone on here selling a caravan?

any general tips or hints whne buying a caravan?

How much do you think i am looking ta for a towing hitch and electrics

thnaks as ever for any help
                          u still looking for one?mine is now up for grabs

Comment

Working...
                          X